    one with WinXP).

    But how does she do it?
    Thanks
    Alan, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Alan wrote:
    > Friend of mine has bought a new PC with WinXP on it.
    > She accesses the internet via AOL, but now it won't connect up.
    > Saying that AOL has detected a firewall.
    >
    > The helpline has told her she needs spyware removal tools.
    >
    > I think she needs to alter the settings in the firewall program (the
    > generic one with WinXP).
    >
    > But how does she do it?
    > Thanks

    In XP go to start, settings, control panel. Click on "security center".
    She can change things in there.
    Your friend should really consider dropping AOL and going with a provider
    that doesn't limit the use of firewalls.
    AOL may provide her with one, but their expertise is in advertising, not
    in internet access, and definitely not in firewalls.
    Just my opinion.
    PJ
    The Black Laced One, Feb 8, 2005