    Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.

    I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
    there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.
    Rick, Jul 19, 2005

  2. You are encouraging this??? :-s
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 19, 2005

  3. Even parasites have the right to exist.
    AOL Explorer is another example of parasitic behavior.
    It leeches itself to IE but is not a browser by itself.
    It is a very simple alternative to the big and bulky AOL browser.

    Al Swearengen Proprietor
    Gem Saloon
    Deadwood
    Dakota Territory

    Post On

    Al Swearengen, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Thanks for the report!

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Rick

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    My God, man! Most folks smart enough to install and run Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition would rather poke their eyes with knitting needles
    that install AOHELL on their computer. Please do not promote the POS
    garbage that AOL.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Rick

    M. Murcek Guest

    It *IS* a connection to the Internet, and prejudices aside, it's what some
    people are already paying for. If they've made it possible for their
    subscribers to run on x64, then they're helping spur more widespread
    adoption, and that's good for us all over the long-haul...

    M. Murcek, Jul 20, 2005
  7. There's no reason to flame someone for reporting on x64 software
    compatibility. After all, a lot of us have asked each other to do just
    that. You're acting towards AOL like a Rantintosh owner towards Windows.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 20, 2005
  8. Rick

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Colin;

    It was not a flame...just wanted to ask him not to promote parasitic
    software.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jul 20, 2005
  9. Rick

    Paul Nutt Guest

    Parasitic? :)

    Paul Nutt, Jul 20, 2005
  10. As in 'rides on top of IE6.' But then a lot of web services do that.
    I would have chosen 'integrated with', but who am I?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 20, 2005
  11. Rick

    Keith Guest

    I am not afraid to flame one of the most bloated, crappy, system taking
    over, deeply integrated pieces of software out there...I have set up and/or
    repaired rigs for customers and get them working wonderfully using IE and
    whatever internet provider they use...only to have the customer get home and
    install AOL and pooch-screw the system...GAHHH!!!!! JUNK!!!!! :) I am not
    flaming the poster, just the software, if someone wants to install AOL, it
    is fine by me as long as I don't have to work on it!

    Keith Schaefer

    Keith, Jul 20, 2005
  12. Rick

    Keith Guest

    This I have to agree with at least....

    Keith, Jul 20, 2005
  13. I wasn't flaming him, I want to make that very clear.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  14. I thought AOL stopped using the IE engine and went to Netscape?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  15. I disagree. Parasites should be terminated. They only leach, they have no
    connection with the food chain other than to suck from the bottom, pulling
    bandwidth that legitimate users could be using.

    Draco Paladine, Jul 21, 2005
  16. BULLSHIT. Nuff said

    Draco Paladine, Jul 21, 2005
  17. Oh my! :-O

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005