    Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
    Thanks
    mal

    malicet, Jan 26, 2004

  2. malicet

    Boomer Guest

    "malicet" <> wrote in
    news::

    > My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have
    > Outlook Express for her mail program? Or does she have to stay
    > with "You've Got Mail"? Thanks
    > mal

    I believe she is stuck with AOL's e-mail client.

    But she can use a fine browser, like Mozilla to surf with. :)

    Boomer, Jan 26, 2004

  3. malicet

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    ....however, you can't use Windows Update from Microsoft's site with Mozilla.
    (There could be updates for Media Player and other non IE programs).

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 26, 2004
  4. malicet

    Boomer Guest

    "ErmYouKnow" <> wrote in

    > ...however, you can't use Windows Update from Microsoft's site
    > with Mozilla. (There could be updates for Media Player and other
    > non IE programs).

    I don't use MS Update's. :)

    "Boomer" <> wrote in

    Boomer, Jan 26, 2004
  5. malicet

    André Guest

    malicet heeft geschreven in bericht <>...

    André, Jan 27, 2004
  6. malicet

    Boomer Guest

    alt.test ----------->

    Boomer, Jan 27, 2004
  7. malicet

    Rifleman Guest

    "malicet" <> wrote in message
    My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have Outlook
    Express for her mail program?
    Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
    Thanks
    mal

    No but she can use Netscape 6 or 7 instead.

    Rifleman, Jan 27, 2004
  8. malicet

    Olly Aitch Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:21:05 -0600, "malicet" <>
    wrote:

    >My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have =
    >Outlook Express for her mail program? =20
    >Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
    >Thanks
    >mal

    There are applications (not free last time I looked) that will do an
    AOL to POP3 client transfer (do a google) BUT they're not really the
    sort of thing you'd get an average AOL user to install and configure.

    Olly Aitch, Jan 27, 2004
  9. Some time, on or about: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:21:05 -0600, "malicet"
    <> was criminally insane in my professional opinion
    when they claimed the following balderdash:

    >My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have Outlook Express for her mail program?

    No, it's a proprietary e-mail server.

    >Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?

    You can download Netscape and use its onboard e-mail client, but NS is
    just as ponderous as AOL. NS is owned by AOL, BTW, and downloads and
    installs a host of AOL owned applications on your PC

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jan 28, 2004
  10. malicet

    Adam Bailey Guest

    Adam Bailey, Jan 29, 2004
  11. malicet

    Artemis Guest

    ErmYouKnow wrote:
    > ...however, you can't use Windows Update from Microsoft's site with Mozilla.
    > (There could be updates for Media Player and other non IE programs).

    Why not?

    --
    Artemis

    Artemis, Jan 29, 2004