  1. My friend has a lot of trouble with her AIM where it will disconnect her
    every 2 minutes. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I'm not
    sure what version it is but any help would be great. TIA

    Matthew Morrison, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Matthew Morrison

    MayB Guest

    "Matthew Morrison" <> wrote in message
    news:aU7Fb.7597$VB2.13734@attbi_s51...
    > My friend has a lot of trouble with her AIM where it will disconnect

    her
    > every 2 minutes. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

    I'm not
    > sure what version it is but any help would be great. TIA

    Your friend will soon learn that AOL has great salesmen ---- but their
    service *stinks*.

    MayB, Dec 21, 2003

  3. it might be that she has set a time for aol to sign outas never used aol i
    dont no how to fix it but this idea should solve your problem

    PrecedentHalo, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Matthew Morrison

    JWooden271 Guest

    >My friend has a lot of trouble with her AIM where it will disconnect her
    >every 2 minutes. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I'm not
    >sure what version it is but any help would be great. TIA

    Are you talking about AIM (the standalone program) or AOL (the full blown
    dialer, browser)?

    If AOL is disconnecting, then simply try using a different dialup number.
    Sometimes AOL's numbers get a little busy, especially in the evenings.

    If AIM is the problem, you may be behind a firewall or using an old verison of
    AIM. Try upgrading your AIm client.

    JWooden271, Dec 27, 2003