    cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?

    Thanks

    Mick
    Me-GT, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Me-GT wrote:

    > Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN98) is
    > constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
    > cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?

    Sorry, this newsgroup supports only real ISPs.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Me-GT

    Me-GT Guest

    You abject yank cretin... just like the AOL crew....

    Me-GT, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Me-GT

    Osprey Guest

    > Me-GT wrote:
    >
    > > Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN98) is
    > > constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
    > > cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?
    > >

    > Sorry, this newsgroup supports only real ISPs.
    >
    > --
    > Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    > gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
    > "The two most abundant things in the universe
    > are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

    The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

    You qualify then :-(((
    Osprey, Jul 15, 2003
  5. "Me-GT" <> wrote in message
    > Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN98) is
    > constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
    > cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?

    I killfile anyone who uses AOL.
    Brenadier Jehosephat, Jul 15, 2003
  6. Me-GT

    paul s Guest

    Brenadier Jehosephat wrote:

    > "Me-GT" <> wrote in message
    >> Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN98) is
    >> constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
    >> cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?
    >>

    > I killfile anyone who uses AOL.

    There are some newsgroups where this happens.
    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 15, 2003
  7. Me-GT

    Me-GT Guest

    Thanks me, the only one to give a reasoned reply...
    "Me2U" <> wrote in message

    > Me-GT wrote:
    >
    > > Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN98) is
    > > constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
    > > cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Mick

    > Try this. Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools>internet

    options>connections

    Me-GT, Jul 16, 2003
  8. Me-GT

    Me2U Guest