    What can I do to adjust the browser at fault?
    Thank You for your help. (I am using Windows 98)

    L.

    Bestfriend, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Bestfriend

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bestfriend said:

    > My AOL seems to be blocking out my access to email through Internet
    > Explorer.
    > In other words: Once I get on the internet using AOL,I then get in IE
    > to get my
    > Yahoo email. But for some reason I cannot get my Yahoo email or any
    > other email
    > anymore. However, I can get the email from Yahoo or Hotmail if I Use
    > the AOL browser directly. Does this sound like an AOL problem or an IE
    > problem?
    > What can I do to adjust the browser at fault?
    > Thank You for your help. (I am using Windows 98)
    >
    > L.

    If you have a Hosts file, you may find that there are some entries for Yahoo.
    Look for a file called Hosts without an extension, not a file named Hosts.sam.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Some time, on or about: 9 Oct 2003 08:22:54 -0700,
    (Bestfriend) was criminally insane in my professional opinion when
    they claimed the following balderdash:

    >My AOL seems to be blocking out my access to email through Internet
    >Explorer.
    >In other words: Once I get on the internet using AOL,I then get in IE
    >to get my
    >Yahoo email. But for some reason I cannot get my Yahoo email or any
    >other email
    >anymore. However, I can get the email from Yahoo or Hotmail if I Use
    >the AOL browser directly. Does this sound like an AOL problem or an IE
    >problem?
    >What can I do to adjust the browser at fault?
    >Thank You for your help. (I am using Windows 98)
    >
    >L.

    I would say it was something AOL was doing but I doubt they'd ever
    admit it. They constantly run "updates" to their software and it may
    have somehow affected your connectivity.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Bestfriend

    Gecko Guest

    This was actually funny enough to be posted over at www.techcomedy.com: