    star2fire

    --
    remove lovely to reply

    star2fire, Aug 13, 2003

  2. star2fire

    Boomer Guest

    star2fire said:

    > I am trying to send my mom some jpg's from my ms picture it
    > program but my mom can't see them. When she clicks on the picture
    > icon, nothing happens. She is older and just got a computer so it
    > could be any number of things but I was wondering if anyone here
    > is more familiar with AOL. I am not. star2fire

    What version AOL?
    What size of picture?
    What file extension?
    Has she asked AOL? Checked their help section?

    Maybe a clue here (though it looks like its mentioning and older
    version of AOL):
    "TO VIEW PICTURES ATTACHED TO AN E-MAIL MESSAGE (AOL 4.0/5.0)":
    http://www.ezinstructions.com/aolpix.htm

    Boomer, Aug 13, 2003

  3. star2fire

    nemo Guest

    star2fire <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to send my mom some jpg's from my ms picture it program but my
    > mom can't see them. When she clicks on the picture icon, nothing happens.
    > She is older and just got a computer so it could be any number of things

    but
    > I was wondering if anyone here is more familiar with AOL. I am not.
    > star2fire
    >
    > --
    > remove lovely to reply

    Noah Fence, but ditch AOL and get a real ISP. They hate all pictures in case
    they're naughty ones! And apart from that they're a huge monopoly and I
    strongly disapprove of huge monopolies!

    I got a call for help from a friend once who couldn't find the news server
    in amongst all AOL's "Own Content" rubbish and it took me ages to find it as
    well - and when I did, it said too many connections - all day!

    I had to wade through a similar load of crap just to get at the internet! I
    was astionished that the ads said it was all so easy.

    With my present Blueyonder subscription, I've got *none* of their own
    content or software installed and I just use Windows Dial Up Connection
    facility (RNAAP) which is so simple even President Bush could use it! . . .
    .. oh, I don't know though. :eek:)

    Blueyonder is cheap - £13 per month and no call charges - and it's also
    *truly* unlimited. You really can stay on as long as you like, unlike some
    other so-called unlimited services.

    Hope this helps.

    Nemo

    PS: I did earn £25 teaching my friend Adobe Photoshop instead, by the way!
    :eek:)

    nemo, Aug 16, 2003
  4. star2fire

    nemo Guest

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD <> wrote in message
    > "nemo" <> wrote:
    >

    > >star2fire <> wrote in message
    > >> I am trying to send my mom some jpg's from my ms picture it program but

    my
    > >> mom can't see them. When she clicks on the picture icon, nothing

    happens.
    > >> She is older and just got a computer so it could be any number of

    things
    > >but
    > >> I was wondering if anyone here is more familiar with AOL. I am not.
    > >> star2fire
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> remove lovely to reply
    > >>

    > >Noah Fence, but ditch AOL and get a real ISP. They hate all pictures in

    case
    > >they're naughty ones! And apart from that they're a huge monopoly and I
    > >strongly disapprove of huge monopolies!
    > >
    > >I got a call for help from a friend once who couldn't find the news

    server
    > >in amongst all AOL's "Own Content" rubbish and it took me ages to find it

    as
    > >well - and when I did, it said too many connections - all day!
    > >
    > >I had to wade through a similar load of crap just to get at the internet!

    > >was astionished that the ads said it was all so easy.
    > >
    > >With my present Blueyonder subscription, I've got *none* of their own
    > >content or software installed and I just use Windows Dial Up Connection
    > >facility (RNAAP) which is so simple even President Bush could use it! . .

    ..
    > >. oh, I don't know though. :eek:)
    > >
    > >Blueyonder is cheap - £13 per month and no call charges - and it's also
    > >*truly* unlimited. You really can stay on as long as you like, unlike

    some
    > >other so-called unlimited services.

    > BY don't boot you off every couple of hours?

    Nope. Not me they don't. I use a MODEM and I'm in London. Perhaps it's
    better here than elsewhere or different for Broadband.

    When I downloaded around 200 Goon Shows a few weeks back, the connection was
    running for about 3 days solid with no troubles.

    nemo, Aug 21, 2003
  5. star2fire

    Classic 42 Guest

    "nemo" <> wrote in message

    > Monsignor Larville Jones MD <> wrote in message
    > > "nemo" <> wrote:
    > >

    > > >star2fire <> wrote in message

    but
    > my

    > happens.

    > things
    > > >but

    > > >Noah Fence, but ditch AOL and get a real ISP. They hate all pictures in

    > case
    > > >they're naughty ones! And apart from that they're a huge monopoly and I
    > > >strongly disapprove of huge monopolies!
    > > >
    > > >I got a call for help from a friend once who couldn't find the news

    > server
    > > >in amongst all AOL's "Own Content" rubbish and it took me ages to find

    it
    > as
    > > >well - and when I did, it said too many connections - all day!
    > > >
    > > >I had to wade through a similar load of crap just to get at the

    internet!
    > > >was astionished that the ads said it was all so easy.
    > > >
    > > >With my present Blueyonder subscription, I've got *none* of their own
    > > >content or software installed and I just use Windows Dial Up Connection
    > > >facility (RNAAP) which is so simple even President Bush could use it! .

    ..
    > .
    > > >. oh, I don't know though. :eek:)
    > > >
    > > >Blueyonder is cheap - £13 per month and no call charges - and it's also
    > > >*truly* unlimited. You really can stay on as long as you like, unlike

    > some
    > > >other so-called unlimited services.

    > > BY don't boot you off every couple of hours?
    > >

    > Nope. Not me they don't. I use a MODEM and I'm in London. Perhaps it's
    > better here than elsewhere or different for Broadband.
    >
    > When I downloaded around 200 Goon Shows a few weeks back, the connection

    was
    > running for about 3 days solid with no troubles.
    >
    > After trying for over 10 minutes to access Blueyonders subscription page I

    gave up. Think I will stick to BT Internet .
    Classic.

    Classic 42, Aug 21, 2003