    Perhaps this would need another set of drivers or something?

    TIA
    Eli

    Eli Coten, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Eli Coten wrote:
    > Is it possible to use a USB DSL modem supplied by AOL with another ISP
    > in the UK. If yes, how is this done.
    >
    > Usually I would configure a DSL modem using the standard dial up
    > networking options built into Windows XP, but AOL modems use the AOL
    > software instead of this.
    >
    > Perhaps this would need another set of drivers or something?
    >
    > TIA
    > Eli

    If its a Voyager 105 ,yes you can, I did it for my dad.
    Sure you can with others too
    Just a case of entering the username and password, the number remains
    the same ie 0,38

    Ian Ozenthroat, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Eli Coten

    Eli Coten Guest

    Ian Ozenthroat wrote:
    > Eli Coten wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to use a USB DSL modem supplied by AOL with another ISP
    >> in the UK. If yes, how is this done.
    >>
    >> Usually I would configure a DSL modem using the standard dial up
    >> networking options built into Windows XP, but AOL modems use the AOL
    >> software instead of this.
    >>
    >> Perhaps this would need another set of drivers or something?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> Eli

    > If its a Voyager 105 ,yes you can, I did it for my dad.
    > Sure you can with others too
    > Just a case of entering the username and password, the number remains
    > the same ie 0,38

    Where do you enter the User name and password? Usually this is done in
    dial-up connections?

    Eli

    Eli Coten, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Eli Coten

    Eli Coten Guest

    Eli Coten wrote:
    > Is it possible to use a USB DSL modem supplied by AOL with another ISP
    > in the UK. If yes, how is this done.
    >
    > Usually I would configure a DSL modem using the standard dial up
    > networking options built into Windows XP, but AOL modems use the AOL
    > software instead of this.
    >
    > Perhaps this would need another set of drivers or something?
    >
    > TIA
    > Eli

    In case anyone is interested:

    This is possible, all that is needed is to download the correct drivers
    from the BT website.

    This is relevant for the UK only, and when using modems or routers from BT.

    Eli

    Eli Coten, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Eli Coten wrote:
    > Ian Ozenthroat wrote:
    >
    >> Eli Coten wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it possible to use a USB DSL modem supplied by AOL with another
    >>> ISP in the UK. If yes, how is this done.
    >>>
    >>> Usually I would configure a DSL modem using the standard dial up
    >>> networking options built into Windows XP, but AOL modems use the AOL
    >>> software instead of this.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps this would need another set of drivers or something?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>> Eli

    >> If its a Voyager 105 ,yes you can, I did it for my dad.
    >> Sure you can with others too
    >> Just a case of entering the username and password, the number remains
    >> the same ie 0,38
    >>

    > Where do you enter the User name and password? Usually this is done in
    > dial-up connections?
    >
    > Eli

    Enter the details in 'My Connections' New connection, just as you would
    for Dialup
    Telephone Number will be 0,38 username and password as per your ISP

    Ian Ozenthroat, Dec 31, 2005