    memories that AOL connections did not use static or dynamic public IP
    addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am I talking BS?

    Regards
    RH, May 29, 2005

  2. RH

    George Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    news:d7cm8q$cnk$1$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it work,
    > I have memories that AOL connections did not use static or dynamic
    > public IP addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am I talking
    > BS?
    >
    > Regards

    AOL UK use dynamic IP addresses. If you use an ethernet router, then you
    should have no problems. If you don't have a a router yet, go for
    Netgear or Speedtouch, because AOL won't even do a line test if you have
    an 'un-supported router'.

    George
    George, May 29, 2005

  3. RH

    Don Carter Guest

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:14:31 +0100, "RH" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it work, I have
    >memories that AOL connections did not use static or dynamic public IP
    >addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am I talking BS?
    >
    >Regards

    I'm on AOL 1Mb Broadband, and I have a public, dynamic IP address.

    Don
    Don Carter, May 29, 2005
  4. RH

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Don Carter wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:14:31 +0100, "RH" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it
    >> work, I have memories that AOL connections did not use static or
    >> dynamic public IP addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am
    >> I talking BS?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>

    > I'm on AOL 1Mb Broadband, and I have a public, dynamic IP address.
    >
    > Don

    I've heard, although I may be wrong, that AOL use American IP addresses so
    you might not be able to get a geographic phone number from Sipgate.
    Anyone know different..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 29, 2005
  5. RH

    Don Carter Guest

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:11:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Don Carter wrote:
    >> On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:14:31 +0100, "RH" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Is anyone using an ATA or IP phone under AOL Broadband? will it
    >>> work, I have memories that AOL connections did not use static or
    >>> dynamic public IP addresses for uses? Is this still correct or am
    >>> I talking BS?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>>

    >> I'm on AOL 1Mb Broadband, and I have a public, dynamic IP address.
    >>
    >> Don

    >I've heard, although I may be wrong, that AOL use American IP addresses so
    >you might not be able to get a geographic phone number from Sipgate.
    >Anyone know different..?
    >
    >Ivor

    They do and you can't. Sipgate suggest that you use a friend's
    connection to register, when they will then give you a number, and you
    can use it from your AOL account. seems daft to me but then, that's
    Sipgate.
    Don Carter, May 29, 2005
  6. RH

    Daniel Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Don Carter wrote:
    >
    > I've heard, although I may be wrong, that AOL use American IP addresses so
    > you might not be able to get a geographic phone number from Sipgate.
    > Anyone know different..?

    They do, but nothing to stop you using a UK proxy server - That's what I did
    ;)

    Daniel
    Daniel, May 29, 2005