    samg Guest

    Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just looking
    at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.
    samg, Nov 5, 2003

  2. samg

    Rider Guest

    "samg" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns942B5F9D5662Esamg@203.97.37.6...
    > Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just looking
    > at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    Good for the price and a 3 year warranty. I'm very satisfied with mine
    (9klr)
    Rider, Nov 5, 2003

  3. samg

    John Guest

    On 6 Nov 2003 09:24:12 +1300, samg <> wrote:

    >Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just looking
    >at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    Love it...
    And it's dropped a tad in price...
    I recommend the silver / grey model, it looks very smart and its only
    another $10 or so...
    Highly recommended
    John, Nov 5, 2003
  4. samg

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:32:31 +1300, John <> wrote:

    >On 6 Nov 2003 09:24:12 +1300, samg <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just looking
    >>at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    >Love it...
    >And it's dropped a tad in price...
    >I recommend the silver / grey model, it looks very smart and its only
    >another $10 or so...
    >Highly recommended

    No probs with ones we've used. Woger will say they're crap, even though he said
    they were good a year or so ago.
    Invisible, Nov 5, 2003
  5. samg

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:32:31 +1300, John <> wrote:

    >On 6 Nov 2003 09:24:12 +1300, samg <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just looking
    >>at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    >Love it...
    >And it's dropped a tad in price...
    >I recommend the silver / grey model, it looks very smart and its only
    >another $10 or so...
    >Highly recommended

    Na go for a LCD..
    Greg Parker, Nov 5, 2003
  6. samg

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:59:19 +1300, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:32:31 +1300, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 6 Nov 2003 09:24:12 +1300, samg <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just looking
    >>>at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    >>Love it...
    >>And it's dropped a tad in price...
    >>I recommend the silver / grey model, it looks very smart and its only
    >>another $10 or so...
    >>Highly recommended

    >No probs with ones we've used. Woger will say they're crap, even though he said
    >they were good a year or so ago.

    2 people here have returned there AOC due to bad convergence, one now has a
    Sony the other has a LCD..

    I stated that we do not see any AOC for repair.

    You still only get what you payed for..
    Greg Parker, Nov 5, 2003
  7. samg

    Rider Guest

    "Greg Parker" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:32:31 +1300, John <> wrote:
    >
    > >On 6 Nov 2003 09:24:12 +1300, samg <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just

    looking
    > >>at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    > >Love it...
    > >And it's dropped a tad in price...
    > >I recommend the silver / grey model, it looks very smart and its only
    > >another $10 or so...
    > >Highly recommended

    > Na go for a LCD..

    You going to pay for it??
    Rider, Nov 5, 2003
  8. samg

    PseUDO Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message news:boc267$73p$...

    > "Greg Parker" <> wrote in message

    > looking
    > > >Love it...
    > > >And it's dropped a tad in price...
    > > >I recommend the silver / grey model, it looks very smart and its only
    > > >another $10 or so...
    > > >Highly recommended

    > > Na go for a LCD..
    > >

    > You going to pay for it??

    Amazing how the worm turns isn't it, not long he kept saying how LCD's are no good for gaming and everything else under the sun,
    while the rest of us happily played games on our LCD displays with no problems.

    Come to think of it, this is the same guy who wouldn't use windows XP either because apparently it was spyware, how the worm has
    turned.

    Gotta laugh :)

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Nov 6, 2003
  9. On 6 Nov 2003 09:24:12 +1300, samg <> scribbled:

    >Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just looking
    >at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    I have a 7KLR and I like it. The controls are simple and easy to use
    and setup. The only let down is that you can't seem to get the image
    just perfect along the edges.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Nov 6, 2003
  10. samg

    Rob Guest

    Great monitors

    --

    Regards(megramps)

    Rob
    Rob, Nov 6, 2003
  11. samg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Phillip Weston wrote:
    > On 6 Nov 2003 09:24:12 +1300, samg <> scribbled:
    >
    >> Hey so whats the word on AOC monitors these days, any good? Just
    >> looking at getting a AOC 7F 17" or a 7KLR from Paradigm.

    > I have a 7KLR and I like it. The controls are simple and easy to use
    > and setup. The only let down is that you can't seem to get the image
    > just perfect along the edges.

    Agree on all counts.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 6, 2003
  12. samg

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:19:56 +1300, "PseUDO" <> wrote:

    >"Rider" <> wrote in message news:boc267$73p$...
    >>
    >> "Greg Parker" <> wrote in message

    >> looking
    >> >

    >> > Na go for a LCD..
    >> >

    >> You going to pay for it??

    >Amazing how the worm turns isn't it, not long he kept saying how LCD's are no good for gaming and everything else under the sun,
    >while the rest of us happily played games on our LCD displays with no problems.
    >
    >Come to think of it, this is the same guy who wouldn't use windows XP either because apparently it was spyware, how the worm has
    >turned.
    >
    >Gotta laugh :)
    >
    >PseUDO

    Why do you post a pack of lies, please back it all up or F off.

    Seems to me you are Brain dead at that..
    Greg Parker, Nov 6, 2003
  13. samg

    Andrew Guest

    Did you copy/paste that from your previous replys?

    Andrew, Nov 6, 2003
  14. samg

    PseUDO Guest

    "Greg Parker" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:19:56 +1300, "PseUDO" <> wrote:

    > >> You going to pay for it??

    > >Amazing how the worm turns isn't it, not long he kept saying how LCD's are no good for gaming and everything else under the sun,
    > >while the rest of us happily played games on our LCD displays with no problems.
    > >
    > >Come to think of it, this is the same guy who wouldn't use windows XP either because apparently it was spyware, how the worm has
    > >turned.
    > >
    > >Gotta laugh :)
    > >
    > >PseUDO
    > >>

    > Why do you post a pack of lies, please back it all up or F off.
    >
    > Seems to me you are Brain dead at that..

    I can't fit it all on a floppy Roger :)

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Nov 6, 2003
  15. samg

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:31:22 +1300, Greg Parker <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:59:19 +1300, Invisible <> wrote:

    >>>Love it...
    >>>And it's dropped a tad in price...
    >>>I recommend the silver / grey model, it looks very smart and its only
    >>>another $10 or so...
    >>>Highly recommended

    >>No probs with ones we've used. Woger will say they're crap, even though he said
    >>they were good a year or so ago.
    >>

    >2 people here have returned there AOC due to bad convergence, one now has a
    >Sony the other has a LCD..

    Wow, a whole 2! Name 1 brand that has NEVER had a return.

    >I stated that we do not see any AOC for repair.

    Which means that none in Kapiti have broken down.

    >You still only get what you payed for..

    Try enabling the spellcheck in Agent. On second thoughts, it'll probably crash.
    Invisible, Nov 6, 2003
  16. samg

    John Guest

    They have a three year onsite warranty...

    John, Nov 6, 2003
  17. samg

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:53:12 +1300, John <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:52:58 +1300, Invisible <>
    >wrote:
    >They have a three year onsite warranty...

    But its no good if they all have geometry problems is it..?

    Greg Parker, Nov 6, 2003
  18. samg

    JJ Guest

    I purchased an AOC 9KLR monitor earlier this year and was very
    disappointed. No matter what was tried it was an impossible to get the
    geometry to a satisfactory level. The service technician that visited
    my home was also unable to improve the geometry and arranged for a
    replacement monitor.
    Though the new replacement monitor was a marked improvement over the
    original monitor it was still a disappointment when compared against
    my old Philips 107T, in fact I was so disappointed that I returned the
    AOC and purchased another make.
    In defence of AOC I would like to say that their service team was
    great, from the sympathetic lass in the office, to the serviceman that
    attended my home, I couldn't ask for better. I should add that apart
    from the geometry problem the monitor was great, plus it was a good
    price.

    I would suggest to anyone that have thoughts in purchasing an AOC
    monitor that they first see one in operation, then make the decision.

    Regards
    JJ
    JJ, Nov 7, 2003
  19. samg

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "JJ" <> wrote in message
    > I purchased an AOC 9KLR monitor earlier this year and was very
    > disappointed. No matter what was tried it was an impossible to get the
    > geometry to a satisfactory level. The service technician that visited
    > my home was also unable to improve the geometry and arranged for a
    > replacement monitor.
    > Though the new replacement monitor was a marked improvement over the
    > original monitor it was still a disappointment when compared against
    > my old Philips 107T, in fact I was so disappointed that I returned the
    > AOC and purchased another make.

    Similar situation to me except I sent mine back after 1 week and replaced
    with the Sony E230
    Craig Sutton, Nov 7, 2003
  20. samg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Invisible wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:31:22 +1300, Greg Parker
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:59:19 +1300, Invisible <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> No probs with ones we've used. Woger will say they're crap, even
    >>> though he said they were good a year or so ago.
    >>>

    >> 2 people here have returned there AOC due to bad convergence, one
    >> now has a Sony the other has a LCD..

    > Wow, a whole 2! Name 1 brand that has NEVER had a return.
    >
    >> I stated that we do not see any AOC for repair.

    > Which means that none in Kapiti have broken down.
    >
    >> You still only get what you payed for..

    > Try enabling the spellcheck in Agent. On second thoughts, it'll
    > probably crash.

    AOC monitors have a three year warranty and I don't think they've been
    available in NZ for that long (could be wrong) so it's no wonder woger
    shit-head hasn't seen any in for repairs.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 7, 2003