    Java and Opera (8.52).

    ( I noticed when looking at ANZ's help page that they actually
    recommend IE 5.5 or 6 or Netscape! )
    GraB, May 11, 2006

  2. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 23:04:59 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >Up until now I have had no problem doing my online banking with Opera.
    >Tonight I updated my version of Java from 1.5.0_04 to 1.5.0_06 and
    >when I try to get into the online banking, after I click on the Log On
    >button I get this error message:
    >
    >Unable to complete secure transaction
    >
    >You tried to access the address
    >https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp, which is currently
    >unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly
    >spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
    >
    >But Firefox works fine. It seems to have something to do with the new
    >Java and Opera (8.52).
    >
    >( I noticed when looking at ANZ's help page that they actually
    >recommend IE 5.5 or 6 or Netscape! )

    Just installed Opera 8.54 over the top but still the same result.
    There must be something about the new Java?
    GraB, May 11, 2006

  3. GraB

    Dave Taylor Guest

    GraB <> wrote in news:eek:u6662t36s9400lce2thcjngsa50di7c88
    @4ax.com:

    > Just installed Opera 8.54 over the top but still the same result.
    > There must be something about the new Java?

    Tell opera and sun.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 11, 2006
  4. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On 11 May 2006 23:35:54 +1200, Dave Taylor
    <> wrote:

    >GraB <> wrote in news:eek:u6662t36s9400lce2thcjngsa50di7c88
    >@4ax.com:
    >
    >> Just installed Opera 8.54 over the top but still the same result.
    >> There must be something about the new Java?
    >>

    >Tell opera and sun.

    Might do.
    GraB, May 11, 2006
  5. GraB

    Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > Up until now I have had no problem doing my online banking with Opera.
    > Tonight I updated my version of Java from 1.5.0_04 to 1.5.0_06 and
    > when I try to get into the online banking, after I click on the Log On
    > button I get this error message:
    >
    > Unable to complete secure transaction
    >
    > You tried to access the address
    > https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp, which is currently
    > unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly
    > spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
    >
    > But Firefox works fine. It seems to have something to do with the new
    > Java and Opera (8.52).
    >
    > ( I noticed when looking at ANZ's help page that they actually
    > recommend IE 5.5 or 6 or Netscape! )

    Hi GraB,

    May not be entirely your fault.

    I'm using Opera 8.54 and Java 1.5.0_04 and, as of yesterday (Thurs 11),
    couldn't access ANZ internet banking. I'm getting the same error
    message as you.

    Have used Opera for ages without problems. Haven't made any changes to
    my system or config in ages. (Apart from xp updates)

    Phoned ANZ Help this morning (Fri 12) on 0800 368 524 and was told it
    was pretty much pointless complaining cos I don't use IE. Still, I told
    the girl at the other end (Tiffany) that something wasn't working and
    could she pass the message on to the boys in the backroom. She said she
    would.

    If enough Opera using ANZ customers phone and moan then maybe something
    might be done.

    Regards
    Miguel
    , May 12, 2006
  6. GraB

    Vista Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > Up until now I have had no problem doing my online banking with Opera.
    > Tonight I updated my version of Java from 1.5.0_04 to 1.5.0_06 and
    > when I try to get into the online banking, after I click on the Log On
    > button I get this error message:
    >
    > Unable to complete secure transaction
    >
    > You tried to access the address
    > https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp, which is currently
    > unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly
    > spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
    >
    > But Firefox works fine. It seems to have something to do with the new
    > Java and Opera (8.52).
    >
    > ( I noticed when looking at ANZ's help page that they actually
    > recommend IE 5.5 or 6 or Netscape! )

    I have problems using opera 8.5x with ASB online banking, and have to keep
    logging in. I informed them some time ago, but they said they only support
    IE.
    Vista, May 12, 2006
  7. GraB

    Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > Up until now I have had no problem doing my online banking with Opera.
    > Tonight I updated my version of Java from 1.5.0_04 to 1.5.0_06 and
    > when I try to get into the online banking, after I click on the Log On
    > button I get this error message:
    >
    > Unable to complete secure transaction
    >
    > You tried to access the address
    > https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp, which is currently
    > unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly
    > spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
    >
    > But Firefox works fine. It seems to have something to do with the new
    > Java and Opera (8.52).
    >
    > ( I noticed when looking at ANZ's help page that they actually
    > recommend IE 5.5 or 6 or Netscape! )

    Hi again GraB,

    Maybe my moan did something cos I can now access ANZ using Opera, just
    like I've always been able to do except for the last 48 hours.

    Didn't change any settings at this end. Must be something at their end.

    Let us know if you can get access.

    Regards
    Miguel
    , May 12, 2006
  8. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On 11 May 2006 16:50:24 -0700, wrote:

    >GraB wrote:
    >
    >> Up until now I have had no problem doing my online banking with Opera.
    >> Tonight I updated my version of Java from 1.5.0_04 to 1.5.0_06 and
    >> when I try to get into the online banking, after I click on the Log On
    >> button I get this error message:
    >>
    >> Unable to complete secure transaction
    >>
    >> You tried to access the address
    >> https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp, which is currently
    >> unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly
    >> spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
    >>
    >> But Firefox works fine. It seems to have something to do with the new
    >> Java and Opera (8.52).
    >>
    >> ( I noticed when looking at ANZ's help page that they actually
    >> recommend IE 5.5 or 6 or Netscape! )

    >Hi GraB,
    >
    >May not be entirely your fault.
    >
    >I'm using Opera 8.54 and Java 1.5.0_04 and, as of yesterday (Thurs 11),
    >couldn't access ANZ internet banking. I'm getting the same error
    >message as you.
    >
    >Have used Opera for ages without problems. Haven't made any changes to
    >my system or config in ages. (Apart from xp updates)
    >
    >Phoned ANZ Help this morning (Fri 12) on 0800 368 524 and was told it
    >was pretty much pointless complaining cos I don't use IE. Still, I told
    >the girl at the other end (Tiffany) that something wasn't working and
    >could she pass the message on to the boys in the backroom. She said she
    >would.
    >
    >If enough Opera using ANZ customers phone and moan then maybe something
    >might be done.

    I sent a bug report to Opera about it and just got this reply:

    http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=138010

    I haven't followed it up yet.
    GraB, May 12, 2006
  9. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 12 May 2006 16:56:38 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >On 11 May 2006 16:50:24 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>GraB wrote:
    >>
    >>> Up until now I have had no problem doing my online banking with Opera.
    >>> Tonight I updated my version of Java from 1.5.0_04 to 1.5.0_06 and
    >>> when I try to get into the online banking, after I click on the Log On
    >>> button I get this error message:
    >>>
    >>> Unable to complete secure transaction
    >>>
    >>> You tried to access the address
    >>> https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp, which is currently
    >>> unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly
    >>> spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
    >>>
    >>> But Firefox works fine. It seems to have something to do with the new
    >>> Java and Opera (8.52).
    >>>
    >>> ( I noticed when looking at ANZ's help page that they actually
    >>> recommend IE 5.5 or 6 or Netscape! )

    >>Hi GraB,
    >>
    >>May not be entirely your fault.
    >>
    >>I'm using Opera 8.54 and Java 1.5.0_04 and, as of yesterday (Thurs 11),
    >>couldn't access ANZ internet banking. I'm getting the same error
    >>message as you.
    >>
    >>Have used Opera for ages without problems. Haven't made any changes to
    >>my system or config in ages. (Apart from xp updates)
    >>
    >>Phoned ANZ Help this morning (Fri 12) on 0800 368 524 and was told it
    >>was pretty much pointless complaining cos I don't use IE. Still, I told
    >>the girl at the other end (Tiffany) that something wasn't working and
    >>could she pass the message on to the boys in the backroom. She said she
    >>would.
    >>
    >>If enough Opera using ANZ customers phone and moan then maybe something
    >>might be done.
    >>

    >I sent a bug report to Opera about it and just got this reply:
    >
    >http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=138010
    >
    >I haven't followed it up yet.

    Now, without having to do anything, it is working again. Obviously
    something to do with that certificate validation server. It seems
    that Firefox and IE don't run the same check that Opera does so they
    didn't have that fault showing up.

    It seems odd that when logging into the ANZ banking page, while there
    are security-related hints, they still recommend you use IE!!
    GraB, May 12, 2006