ANZ Banking, Firebird, and Printing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Mayhew, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    I though this problem might only be with the ANZ site but have found that
    Firebird seems to think the default paper size is US Leter on CNN as well.

    The main problem is the text size when printing from the Java windows used
    for ANZ banking is way to big, needing to lines to print out each line of
    info and changingt o landscape mode still uses 2 lines. There are many
    Java Errors like:

    Error: window.event has no properties
    Source File: https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp
    Line: 162

    It seems to me that the page concerned is the problem. Now I don't have
    any problems using IE and not as many using Netscape (though I haven't used
    Netscape enough to say for sure)

    Is there a work around for this problem ?

    TIA
    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
    Chris Mayhew, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Chris Mayhew

    Allistar Guest

    Chris Mayhew wrote:

    > I though this problem might only be with the ANZ site but have found that
    > Firebird seems to think the default paper size is US Leter on CNN as well.
    >
    > The main problem is the text size when printing from the Java windows used
    > for ANZ banking is way to big, needing to lines to print out each line of
    > info and changingt o landscape mode still uses 2 lines. There are many
    > Java Errors like:
    >
    > Error: window.event has no properties
    > Source File: https://www.anz.com/nz/inetbank/bankmain.asp
    > Line: 162
    >
    > It seems to me that the page concerned is the problem. Now I don't have
    > any problems using IE and not as many using Netscape (though I haven't
    > used Netscape enough to say for sure)
    >
    > Is there a work around for this problem ?
    >
    > TIA

    If you fake the user agent string in Firebird to make it appear like you are
    using IE does it still misbehave?

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Allistar <> wrote in

    > If you fake the user agent string in Firebird to make it appear like
    > you are using IE does it still misbehave?
    >
    > Allistar.

    How do you do that ? I can't find any settings relating to that anywhere
    :$

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
    Chris Mayhew, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Chris Mayhew

    Lapze Guest

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > Allistar <> wrote in
    >

    >>If you fake the user agent string in Firebird to make it appear like
    >>you are using IE does it still misbehave?
    >>
    >>Allistar.

    > How do you do that ? I can't find any settings relating to that anywhere
    > :$

    http://chrispederick.myacen.com/work/firebird/useragentswitcher/
    This does the job quite nicely.
    Lapze, Jul 31, 2003