    Netflix has only Region 1, and Nicheflix.com is too expensive for my
    experiment. Are there any good sources for renting Region 2 DVDs in the
    U.S.? Thanks

    esb100, Jun 23, 2005

  2. esb100

    Bratboy Guest

    "esb100" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My DVD player is supposedly region free and can play PAL. I am in the
    > U.S. and want to try renting 1 or 2 Region 2 DVDs before buying any.
    > Netflix has only Region 1, and Nicheflix.com is too expensive for my
    > experiment. Are there any good sources for renting Region 2 DVDs in the
    > U.S.? Thanks

    Cant think of any in all honesty as, before they were US released, I had
    looked into it to try and get/rent Dr Who DVD's. In the end I bought copies
    from Blackstar UK, TG now Dr who is avail in R1 hehe. Your best bet might be
    to check UK ebay and just buy a used cheap DVD to experiment.

    Bratboy, Jun 23, 2005

  3. esb100

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    esb100 <> wrote:
    >My DVD player is supposedly region free and can play PAL. I am in the
    >U.S. and want to try renting 1 or 2 Region 2 DVDs before buying any.
    >Netflix has only Region 1, and Nicheflix.com is too expensive for my
    >experiment. Are there any good sources for renting Region 2 DVDs in the
    >U.S.? Thanks

    In a similar quandry, I ended up buying one used off eBay for little more
    time/effort/money than I would have expended trying to rent one.

    Mike S., Jun 24, 2005
  4. esb100

    Rob Guest

    esb100 wrote on Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:26 GMT:

    > My DVD player is supposedly region free and can play PAL. I am in the
    > U.S. and want to try renting 1 or 2 Region 2 DVDs before buying any.
    > Netflix has only Region 1, and Nicheflix.com is too expensive for my
    > experiment. Are there any good sources for renting Region 2 DVDs in the
    > U.S.? Thanks

    Probably not as US is region 1. However, Ezydvd in Adelaide, SA have
    frequent sales; you should be able to pick up one or two region 4 titles
    for AU$8.00 each to experiment with.

    Additionally, many titles are dual R2/R4 encoded.

    Their web site is:
    http://www.ezydvd.com.au

    --
    Rob