    even saw the header of email which had oriental characters in the from
    or subject headers. I haven't succeeded in writing such a rule. Is
    there a way? TIA
    Sam, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Sam wrote:
    > I'm using Outlook Express. My life would be more pleasant if I never
    > even saw the header of email which had oriental characters in the from
    > or subject headers. I haven't succeeded in writing such a rule. Is
    > there a way? TIA

    Take a look here

    http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/oe.html

    Scroll down to "Setting filters for Korean spam"
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Sam

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:33:02 GMT Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Sam wrote:
    >> I'm using Outlook Express. My life would be more pleasant if I never
    >> even saw the header of email which had oriental characters in the from
    >> or subject headers. I haven't succeeded in writing such a rule. Is
    >> there a way? TIA

    > Take a look here

    > http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/oe.html

    > Scroll down to "Setting filters for Korean spam"

    What's happened is, those korean born spammers understand english and have
    read those tips.
    So they include english words to bypass your filters.
    If your rule says "If the body/subject does not contain an [a, e i, o, u, y]
    delete it", the spammers put these in there to make your filter null and
    void.
    To make the filter work better, you copy and paste several of the characters
    and include those in your filter.
    Find the characters that are most common and use those.
    Richard, Jan 11, 2005