    for a certain period of time, up to 15min. Any way I can simply make 1
    machine the masterbrowser? Sort of like STP root, cheat the election process?
    Thank you.
    =?Utf-8?B?UmVjb24=?=, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Go to Administrative Tools/Services and set the Computer Browser service to
    Manual on all but one machine. Reboot the machines. Stopping the computer
    browser service on a machine does not prevent it from browsing; it merely
    prevents it from participating in browser elections.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Recon" <> wrote in message
    > I've been having a recurring never ending issue on my network which seems
    > hardware-related. I have 4 PCs all connected wirelessly to a linksys

    WRT54G.
    > Latest firmware on the wireless AP and latest drivers for all the NICs,
    > however at certain times, the two pc's which have SMC 2802W NICs seem to
    > think they are the master browsers, which is ofcourse resulting in

    problems.
    > Now one would think only netbios machine name issues, but thats not just

    the

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jan 20, 2006

  3. Greatly appreciated Doug!

    =?Utf-8?B?UmVjb24=?=, Jan 20, 2006