    there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.

    cheers,

    chris
    chrisj, Nov 9, 2004

  2. chrisj

    MJP Guest

    "chrisj" <aa@rrrse> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have the
    > original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the HD? I have
    > copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but I am wondering if
    > there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > chris

    Look here http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml, this finds your
    exiasting key

    MJP
    MJP, Nov 9, 2004

  3. chrisj

    dadiOH Guest

    chrisj wrote:
    > Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have
    > the original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the
    > HD? I have a copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but
    > I am wondering if there is a way to re-install with out using a
    > dodgy key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
    dadiOH, Nov 9, 2004
  4. chrisj

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:49:37 -0000, "chrisj" <aa@rrrse> wrote:

    The subject does not parse. Did you mean "Anyway, to get Win98 cd key
    from the installed OS?", or did you mean "Any way to get Win98 cd key
    from the installed OS?"

    >Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have the
    >original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the HD? I have a
    >copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but I am wondering if
    >there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.

    Did you mean "without using a dodgy key"?

    Yes there is. Get a keyfinder program.

    >cheers,
    >
    >chris

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Nov 10, 2004
  5. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:17:18 +1100, Barry OGrady
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:49:37 -0000, "chrisj" <aa@rrrse> wrote:
    >
    >The subject does not parse. Did you mean "Anyway, to get Win98 cd key
    >from the installed OS?", or did you mean "Any way to get Win98 cd key
    >from the installed OS?"
    >
    >>Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have the
    >>original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the HD? I have a
    >>copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but I am wondering if
    >>there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.

    >Did you mean "without using a dodgy key"?
    >
    >Yes there is. Get a keyfinder program.
    >
    >>cheers,
    >>
    >>chris

    >-Barry
    >========
    >Web page: http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    >Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

    In your registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

    There is where you can find the data you require.
    --
    Best Regards
    Gordie
    The Nolalu Barn Owl, Nov 10, 2004