    huge bonuses ;-)

    Thanks
    Adam
    Adam Aglionby, May 27, 2006

  2. Adam Aglionby

    The Invalid Guest

    On 26 May 2006 16:41:42 -0700, "Adam Aglionby" <>
    wrote:

    >As Skype are currently giving US users free landline and mobile calls.

    But an awfull lot of US calls are free anyway
    The Invalid, May 27, 2006

  3. Adam Aglionby

    Brian A Guest

    wrote:

    >As Skype are currently giving US users free landline and mobile calls.
    >
    >Guess they can tell a US user by their IP,

    Some of the UK issued AOL IPs appear to be U.S.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, May 27, 2006
  4. Adam Aglionby wrote:
    > As Skype are currently giving US users free landline and mobile calls.
    >
    > Guess they can tell a US user by their IP, anyway to divert by US proxy
    > to take advantage before they go bust, I mean award pay the founders
    > huge bonuses ;-)
    >
    > Thanks
    > Adam

    You'd need to find an open SOCKS4 or SOCKS5 (if you need UDP, which for
    VoIP you probably do) proxy, and run your VoIP through that. Probably
    best to do it with a softphone which you can run through a program
    called "Socksify!" (in Windows).

    HTH...

    xF,

    ....Nick
    Nicholas Thomas, May 27, 2006
  5. Adam Aglionby

    alexd Guest

    Adam Aglionby wrote:

    > As Skype are currently giving US users free landline and mobile calls.
    >
    > Guess they can tell a US user by their IP, anyway to divert by US proxy
    > to take advantage

    Presumably Skype aren't particularly bothered where you're making the call
    from [as it costs them the same wherever you call from] but where you're
    making the call to [as that's the bit that costs money]. So once you've got
    your apparent US IP address, you'd end up with free calls to NANP phone
    numbers. I guess if that's useful to you, then go for it.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    12:32:34 up 7 days, 6:29, 0 users, load average: 0.14, 0.12, 0.04
    alexd, May 27, 2006