    Is there a way to get things working like they used to? I didn't
    change anything when I upgraded (so to speak) to FF3.

    , Oct 27, 2008

  2. Justin Guest

    wrote on [Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:51:40 -0500]:
    > In FF2 and earlier, if I clicked on a link in an e-mail it brought up
    > a dialog box to select the user for Firefox (there are 3 users). This
    > would be if a browser windows was not already open.
    >
    > Beginning with FF3 this no longer happens. Clicking on a link in an
    > e-mail opens the Firefox task, but neither dialog box nor browser ever
    > appear. I have to kill the task, open the program from the start menu
    > or icon, select the user and go back and click on the hyperlink.
    >
    > Is there a way to get things working like they used to? I didn't
    > change anything when I upgraded (so to speak) to FF3.

    Open a command prompt, navigate to the install directory for firefox,
    type firefox -p
    Uncheck "Don't ask at startup"

    Justin, Oct 27, 2008

  3. Re: Anyway for clicking on links in T-bird to open Firefox like itused to before FF3?

    wrote:
    > In FF2 and earlier, if I clicked on a link in an e-mail it brought up
    > a dialog box to select the user for Firefox (there are 3 users). This
    > would be if a browser windows was not already open.
    >
    > Beginning with FF3 this no longer happens. Clicking on a link in an
    > e-mail opens the Firefox task, but neither dialog box nor browser ever
    > appear. I have to kill the task, open the program from the start menu
    > or icon, select the user and go back and click on the hyperlink.
    >
    > Is there a way to get things working like they used to? I didn't
    > change anything when I upgraded (so to speak) to FF3.

    what do you mean it "opens the Firefox task?" Whats that?

    Make FF3 the default

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 27, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:57:51 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> In FF2 and earlier, if I clicked on a link in an e-mail it brought up
    >> a dialog box to select the user for Firefox (there are 3 users). This
    >> would be if a browser windows was not already open.
    >>
    >> Beginning with FF3 this no longer happens. Clicking on a link in an
    >> e-mail opens the Firefox task, but neither dialog box nor browser ever
    >> appear. I have to kill the task, open the program from the start menu
    >> or icon, select the user and go back and click on the hyperlink.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to get things working like they used to? I didn't
    >> change anything when I upgraded (so to speak) to FF3.

    >what do you mean it "opens the Firefox task?" Whats that?

    After I click on a link in an e-mail, firefox.exe appears in the task
    manager as a running program, but nothing appears on the screen.
    At that point, even if I use the start program menu or click on the
    desktop icon, either of which would normally would open the dialog
    box, nothing happens.

    >Make FF3 the default

    FF3 is my default browser as was FF2, FF1, etc..

    , Oct 28, 2008