    with ERDNT.

    TIA

    , Mar 1, 2005

  2. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know of an XP boot CD similar to BartPE that doesn't
    > require a Windows setup CD for creation? I'm trying to create a
    > single emergency boot CD for XP esp. so that I can run the Registry
    > restore utility ERDNT from the ERUNT suite. My system is preinstalled
    > XP Home SP2 with no Windows CDs. I'd rather not do a 6 CD restore set
    > that I'll
    > prolly never use if I can make a single boot rescue CD instead. It's
    > much easier
    > to make 2 or 3 copies of a single boot CD to increase the odds one
    > will still be
    > good by the time I try to boot it! :)
    >
    > Also using Windows Recovery Console limits the options for registry
    > restoration
    > with ERDNT.

    You could try http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ to see what OS they use.
    All they say on their FAQ page is:

    Question: Which operating system does Ultimate Boot CD run on?
    Ultimate Boot CD runs independently of any operating system.

    Well, that really never did answer the question of WHAT operating system
    it uses. Since the utilities that I saw mentioned require running on
    Windows then I suspect it is some limited kernel-only version of Windows
    but I don't know if it is a 95- or NT-based version of Windows. You
    could ask the author or check with their user community.

    Vanguard, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:39:03 -0500, wrote:

    |> Does anyone know of an XP boot CD similar to BartPE that doesn't
    |> require a Windows setup CD for creation? I'm trying to create a
    |> single emergency boot CD for XP esp. so that I can run the Registry
    |> restore utility ERDNT from the ERUNT suite. My system is preinstalled
    |> XP Home SP2 with no Windows CDs. I'd rather not do a 6 CD restore set that I'll
    |> prolly never use if I can make a single boot rescue CD instead. It's much easier
    |> to make 2 or 3 copies of a single boot CD to increase the odds one will still be
    |> good by the time I try to boot it! :)

    http://download.fluxxnet.com/applications/misc/Hirens.Boot.CD.6/
    This is an ISO that you create a boot disk CD.

    Don't install the patch you don't need to - and it will tell you so if
    you try-

    As for the registry restore, just back up your registry on a regular
    basis and if you have reg problems and can't start up, just copy
    XP:\WINDOWS\repair
    XP:\WINDOWS\system32\config

    --

    , Mar 1, 2005