    system ?

    Cheers

    JS
    John Smith, Sep 20, 2005

  2. John Smith

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 20 Sep 2005, John Smith writes
    >Can I have a USA number forwarded to me via Sipgate like the FWD/IPKall
    >system ?

    Yes!

    Don't completely follow what your problem is though. I have a US IPKall
    number forwarded to one of my sipgate accounts - no problem.

    DF
    David Floyd, Sep 20, 2005

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    > Don't completely follow what your problem is though. I have a US IPKall
    > number forwarded to one of my sipgate accounts - no problem.

    ? I though I could only forward IPKall to FWD , no mention of sipgate on the
    website.

    Cheers

    JS
    John Smith, Sep 20, 2005
  4. John Smith

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > Don't completely follow what your problem is though. I
    > > have a US IPKall number forwarded to one of my sipgate
    > > accounts - no problem.

    > ? I though I could only forward IPKall to FWD , no
    > mention of sipgate on the website.

    Well they can't mention *all* the VoIP providers ;-) Perhaps they have
    some sort of a deal with FWD to promote them on the site, after all it is
    a totally free service so they must be getting income from somewhere.

    Just set up an account at http://phone.ipkall.com/ipphone/ and enter your
    7 digit SIP ID (not the full PSTN number) in the "SIP Phone Number" box,
    then enter "sipgate.co.uk" as SIP Proxy. The voicemail password is any 4
    digit number, like a cashpoint PIN, it has to be numeric.

    A tip re. the voicemail, set the delay before answer to 5 seconds *less*
    than you have the Sipgate voicemail delay set to, that way the US
    voicemail will pick up the call if the Sipgate system is down for any
    reason (!).

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 20, 2005
  5. John Smith

    SalehJambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    How long before sipaget topple alltogether i wonder?

    Whle vonage reign supreme, what you gonna do then eyevor for a job.
    SalehJambo, Sep 20, 2005
  6. John Smith

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Ivor Jones writes
    >"John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >> > Don't completely follow what your problem is though. I
    >> > have a US IPKall number forwarded to one of my sipgate
    >> > accounts - no problem.

    >> ? I though I could only forward IPKall to FWD , no
    >> mention of sipgate on the website.

    >Well they can't mention *all* the VoIP providers ;-) Perhaps they have
    >some sort of a deal with FWD to promote them on the site, after all it is
    >a totally free service so they must be getting income from somewhere.
    >
    >Just set up an account at http://phone.ipkall.com/ipphone/ and enter your
    >7 digit SIP ID (not the full PSTN number) in the "SIP Phone Number" box,
    >then enter "sipgate.co.uk" as SIP Proxy. The voicemail password is any 4
    >digit number, like a cashpoint PIN, it has to be numeric.

    Agreed

    David
    David Floyd, Sep 20, 2005
  7. Stefan Kaniuk is a pillock

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:13:02 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk said:

    >How long before sipaget topple alltogether i wonder?
    >
    >Whle vonage reign supreme, what you gonna do then eyevor for a job.

    pillock
    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 140,000 groups
    Unlimited download
    Stefan Kaniuk () is a pillock, Sep 20, 2005