    than it in these respects, under $300?

    Thanks,

    Todd

    F. Todd Wilson, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Have you looked at the HP Photosmart 7550? It's $299.99. The printheads
    are built into the cartridge so when you change cartridges, you are changing
    printheads at the same time. Another benefit of the printhead being
    built-in to the cartridge is no priming necessary, therefore no wasted ink.

    David G. Stinner, Jun 30, 2003

  3. F. Todd Wilson

    Wayne Guest

    "David G. Stinner" <> wrote in message news:<MCOLa.45663$>...
    > Have you looked at the HP Photosmart 7550? It's $299.99. The printheads
    > are built into the cartridge so when you change cartridges, you are changing
    > printheads at the same time. Another benefit of the printhead being
    > built-in to the cartridge is no priming necessary, therefore no wasted ink.

    Don't compare Photosmart 7550 to Canon i950. The 7550 prints like the
    old s900 and it's tiny cartidges and high prices for them, drive
    people crazy. They cannot do pure bordeless photos too.

    As to the printhead. Do you know that built-in printheads last the
    printers life? They are not the same printheads as in hp printers,
    which last one cartdidge and the printheads in nowadays Canons are
    user-replaceable, not permanent.

    Top printer manufacturers (Canon, Epson) are now using separable ink
    tanks with built-in printheads. All I can say is that HP (not to
    mention Lexmark) is still one step behind Canon and Epson in
    technology.

    Built-in printheads waste alomost the same amount of ink as
    cartidge-integrated printheads. Not to mention the special waste ink
    tank that collects the wasted ink during the printhead cleaning
    process and doesn't spoil it in the printer.

    Wayne

    Wayne, Jun 30, 2003
  4. F. Todd Wilson

    Wayne Guest

    > 1.8pl vs. Canon's 2pl
    > 2800x2800dpi
    > 7-colors vs. 6
    > direct to CD-R disc print capability (missing in Canon)
    > roll paper & auto-cutter (missing in Canon)
    > etc.
    > http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/printer/inkjet/pm980c/pm980c1.htm

    yeah, it's probably the most advanced epson: I have "ordered" it 2
    weeks ago and can't wait till I get it.

    But is it really faster than i950 ?
    i950 also has cd printing module (available also only in japan)
    on glossy paper, prints last 10 years on matte 20.
    does it print as well as i950 on plain paper?

    Wayne

    Wayne, Jul 1, 2003
  5. "F. Todd Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm about to shell out for an i950, but want to make sure I haven't
    > overlooked an alternative printer. I'm pretty sure, though, that the
    > essentials leave me with the i950.

    There's an interesting bit of information concerning Aug 18th that may well
    interest you in the photo-i forum. See the thread at:
    http://www.photo-i.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.pl?s=3f0671a8269affff;act=ST;f=35;t=67

    John

    John Houghton, Jul 5, 2003