Anyone with Lightroom 3 experience?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Peter Jason, Dec 29, 2012.

  1. Peter Jason

    otter Guest

    On Dec 29 2012, 4:59 pm, Peter Jason <> wrote:
    > I want to get thousands of images in some sort of
    > order via an easy-to-use database.   I already
    > have photoshop, so it's the database I really
    > need.   Is Lightroom the best and most
    > straightforward for this?   I was impressed by the
    > old MS "Digital Image Suite 9" in its day and this
    > is the sort of thing I need.
    > Peter

    Looks like you got lots of good comments already. I use LR, but am
    lazy and just let it put things into folders by date. That works fine
    for me.

    One thing you might be interested in is face recognition, which LR
    doesn't have by default. Check out Picasa. However, I've seen that
    you can import face recognition into LR:
    http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/add-face-recognition-to-lightroom-with-picasa/
    Haven't played with it myself.

    otter, Jan 4, 2013