    I think that may be fast enough,...what is your experience?

    Thanks,
    Bill

    Bill, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Bill

    astburyj Guest

    On Jan 18, 11:32 pm, Bill <> wrote:
    > Whats the best way to go?  I have an aircard from my AT&T
    > cell phone provider, and travel a lot.  My signal anywhere
    > outside of souther california is G2...probably not fast
    > enough for streaming video, but in s. cal its always G3 and
    > I think that may be fast enough,...what is your experience?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

    Hi Bill,
    Have a look at the Slingbox from Slingmedia.com. It gives you your own
    TV on your laptop anywhere in the world and is truly amazing.
    I am sitting in Barcelona airport watching and controlling my own TV
    in my living room in the UK.
    Good luck.

    astburyj, Jan 19, 2008

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    astburyj wrote:
    > On Jan 18, 11:32 pm, Bill <> wrote:
    >> Whats the best way to go? I have an aircard from my AT&T
    >> cell phone provider, and travel a lot. My signal anywhere
    >> outside of souther california is G2...probably not fast
    >> enough for streaming video, but in s. cal its always G3 and
    >> I think that may be fast enough,...what is your experience?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bill

    > Hi Bill,
    > Have a look at the Slingbox from Slingmedia.com. It gives you your own
    > TV on your laptop anywhere in the world and is truly amazing.
    > I am sitting in Barcelona airport watching and controlling my own TV
    > in my living room in the UK.
    > Good luck.

    Hi! Actually, I was looking at this from purely a software
    software/bandwidth point of view, but thanks, it's
    interesting. It's all coming. Though I've found several
    hyped and touted free software services, such as
    graboid.com, I'm afraid that, even with their offerings, I'm
    going to have to wait for bandwidth improvements from cell
    phone providers in the rest of the country before this
    becomes very functional for the way I want to use it.

    Bill, Jan 19, 2008
  4. Bill

    olfart Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > astburyj wrote:
    >> On Jan 18, 11:32 pm, Bill <> wrote:
    >>> Whats the best way to go? I have an aircard from my AT&T
    >>> cell phone provider, and travel a lot. My signal anywhere
    >>> outside of souther california is G2...probably not fast
    >>> enough for streaming video, but in s. cal its always G3 and
    >>> I think that may be fast enough,...what is your experience?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Bill

    >> Hi Bill,
    >> Have a look at the Slingbox from Slingmedia.com. It gives you your own
    >> TV on your laptop anywhere in the world and is truly amazing.
    >> I am sitting in Barcelona airport watching and controlling my own TV
    >> in my living room in the UK.
    >> Good luck.

    > Hi! Actually, I was looking at this from purely a software
    > software/bandwidth point of view, but thanks, it's interesting. It's all
    > coming. Though I've found several hyped and touted free software services,
    > such as graboid.com, I'm afraid that, even with their offerings, I'm going
    > to have to wait for bandwidth improvements from cell phone providers in
    > the rest of the country before this becomes very functional for the way I
    > want to use it.

    Even better than Slingbox is HAVA which does everything Slingbox does plus
    allows burning recordings to DVD. I use mine with their optional free HAVA
    AutoRecord to schedule recording of programs in advance using the TitanTV
    schedule, No DRM worries either. I haven't used Win Media Center in months.
    And yes, you can view your TV on a remote computer anywhere.

    olfart, Jan 19, 2008