    using them.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Mar 29, 2007

  2. Kenny wrote:
    > I switched ISP from Wanadoo to Madasafish last year because Wanadoo dropped
    > ng access.

    Did you look into just using a free newsfeed?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 29, 2007

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply, have tried free newsservers but they don't carry
    binaries.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Mar 29, 2007
  4. Kenny

    old man Guest

    I guess it might depend on what ng binaries
    I can access them on both ntl/virgin and other ng servers

    old man, Mar 29, 2007
  5. Kenny

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:59:12 +0100, Kenny wrote:

    >I switched ISP from Wanadoo to Madasafish last year because Wanadoo dropped
    >ng access.
    >I see that Virgin are now offering a much better deal than Madasafish, ie:
    >no dl cap, free evening & weekend calls and £3 a month cheaper.
    >http://www.virgin.net/allyours/broadband/unlimitedandtalk/
    >In their terms it says:
    >"Our Services include access to many Usenet discussion groups (newsgroups).
    >"
    >Would like to know if this is full access to all groups including binaries

    Don't know non-cable, 1 or 2 of the low end broadband packages don't
    IIRc even have access to internal BY newsservers.

    >and if they're likely to drop this access like many other UK ISP's?
    >Any comments about this and Virgin generally welcome, especially from anyone
    >using them.

    Depends how you look at this,
    ex NTL now VM are on NTL newsservers,
    ex BY now VM are on BY newsservers.
    ex NTL / ex BY / others can see the new virginmedia groups.

    As for the BY binaries, forget it. low retention, no new groups added
    for 5 years at least, lots of missing bits. Some users still stick with
    it. I moved to Giagnews years ago and it's fantastic, so did many
    others.

    Me

    why?, Mar 29, 2007

    http://www.usenetserver.com mention skinnerjack to get me a credit

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

    Gary G. Taylor, Mar 29, 2007