Anyone Using Sonic's "Record Now" DVD Burning Software, andf PAL Format Problem ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Have been using the program Record Now to burn some CD's.
    Seems to work pretty well.

    Noticed that whenever I burn a DVD of a concert recorded in Europe, the
    resultant DVD
    rolls vertically when connected to my Panasonic DVD player connected to my
    TV.
    Images appear fine, just ther vertical roll problem,
    However, they do play back just fine on PC that recorded them.

    Have been advised that the problem is (probably) that the initial downloaded
    recording was probably in
    the PAL format. (my Panasonic DVD player does say that it Cannot play PAL
    recordings).
    So, I guess this makes sense.

    My questions are:

    With the Record Now program I am using, is there any way to burn the DVD in
    a playable
    format, or is it that if it is PAL initially, there is nothing one can do to
    alter this ?
    If there is somethingI can do, what & how, please ? Not too sharp with this
    stuff.

    How comes it plays fine on my PC, though ?

    What is PAL ?

    Any thoughts on how I can burn these European concerts to a DVD that my
    Panasonic
    DVD player (a fairly recent one, but not one with all the bells and
    whistles) can play it ?

    Much thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Jun 4, 2005