  1. Thinking of having a tinker with Xen on my Core 2 Duo system, see if I can
    use a virtualised x64. Wondered if anyone has already tried, any
    tips/pitfalls?

    Mark Gillespie, Sep 1, 2006

  2. using it, but only on VS 2k5R2 SP1. No x64 client support. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 1, 2006

  3. On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:00:54 +0100, Charlie Russel - MVP
    <> wrote:

    > using it, but only on VS 2k5R2 SP1. No x64 client support. :(

    Was going to use Xen hypervisor, to host x64 XP client, which is is
    supposed to support. I don't really fancy having a full blown OS running
    Virtual Server underneath, fancy the Xen method.
    Mark Gillespie, Sep 1, 2006
  4. What do you mean a "full-blown OS running VS underneath"? That is not how
    VT works.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 2, 2006
  5. On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:45:40 +0100, Colin Barnhorst <colinbarharst
    <@msn.com>> wrote:

    > What do you mean a "full-blown OS running VS underneath"? That is not
    > how
    > VT works.
    >
    > "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:00:54 +0100, Charlie Russel - MVP
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> using it, but only on VS 2k5R2 SP1. No x64 client support. :(
    >>>

    >> Was going to use Xen hypervisor, to host x64 XP client, which is is
    >> supposed to support. I don't really fancy having a full blown OS
    >> running
    >> Virtual Server underneath, fancy the Xen method.

    As I understand it, Xen is a hypervisor, a very minimal that runs in ring
    0, that allows other OSes to run in a higher ring, with the hypervisor
    allowing switching between OSes at will.

    Different from running a full blown OS, and using VMWare or VirtualPC to
    host other OSes.
    Mark Gillespie, Sep 3, 2006