    So.. anyone in here tried the HP paper on their Epson? Results? Any
    troubles with the ink not drying enough, etc?

    Thanks
    GAH, Dec 24, 2003

  2. GAH

    Birk Binnard Guest

    I tried HP glossy photo in my Epson 1280 -- once. It was a total disaster.
    Virtually unusable.

    Use Epson paper. Good place to get it is at Costco.
    ---------------
    Birk Binnard
    Peninsula Software
    http://www.birkbinnard.com
    Birk Binnard, Dec 24, 2003

  3. I tried HP paper in my Epson 785Epx printer and the results were
    horrible. My advice would be to sell you HP paper on eBay and purchase
    Epson Paper. As an alternative, I've got decent results with Office
    Depot (not Office Max) glossy photo paper.

    Robert Kozubal, Dec 26, 2003
  4. GAH

    arrr_seven Guest

    In article <WZ7Gb.11043$>,
    "GAH" <> wrote:

    > Just curious if there's any Epson users in here who by chance have tried the
    > HP Premium glossy photo paper in their machines? My umpteenth HP printer
    > just died, so I made the switch to Epson and picked up one of the new R300s.
    > Unfortunately, I had not long ago purchased three of the 60-packs of the 4x6
    > HP paper.
    >
    > I have read from users elsewhere that Epson printers don't seem to like
    > Kodak papers (the inks don't dry quick enough and get on the rollers it
    > seems), but have found no comments about how the Epsons handle HP papers.
    >
    > So.. anyone in here tried the HP paper on their Epson? Results? Any
    > troubles with the ink not drying enough, etc?
    >
    > Thanks

    I have an Epson 2200 and bought some hp everyday photo paper - semi
    gloss and it smeared like a sunofabitch. Absolutely useless. I get best
    results using Epson paper.

    --
    ///
    arrr_seven, Dec 26, 2003
  5. GAH

    misifus Guest

    Robert Kozubal wrote:
    > I tried HP paper in my Epson 785Epx printer and the results were
    > horrible. My advice would be to sell you HP paper on eBay and purchase
    > Epson Paper. As an alternative, I've got decent results with Office
    > Depot (not Office Max) glossy photo paper.
    >

    > In article <WZ7Gb.11043$>,
    > "GAH" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Just curious if there's any Epson users in here who by chance have tried the
    >>HP Premium glossy photo paper in their machines? My umpteenth HP printer
    >>just died, so I made the switch to Epson and picked up one of the new R300s.
    >>Unfortunately, I had not long ago purchased three of the 60-packs of the 4x6
    >>HP paper.
    >>
    >>I have read from users elsewhere that Epson printers don't seem to like
    >>Kodak papers (the inks don't dry quick enough and get on the rollers it
    >>seems), but have found no comments about how the Epsons handle HP papers.
    >>
    >>So.. anyone in here tried the HP paper on their Epson? Results? Any
    >>troubles with the ink not drying enough, etc?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    I've got an Epson 1280, and HP glossy paper is unusable in it.

    -Raf

    --
    Misifus-
    Rafael Seibert
    misifus, Dec 27, 2003
  6. GAH

    surfrescue

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    If you set the paper type to color life photo paper and set the mode option to custome and set the printer to 2880 DPI, the output look fab on teh HP everyday photo paper printed on an Epson 785EPX
    surfrescue, Nov 29, 2007
  7. GAH

    paul.gerrard

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Dont do it. HP papers do not print well in epson, even Tesco own glossy works well compared to HP.
    paul.gerrard, Apr 22, 2011