    howard Guest

    I have it and cannot quite make up mind if I want to keep using or not?

    any insights, or tricks for a beginner (at PICASA)...

    howard, Nov 18, 2004

  2. howard

    HooDooWitch Guest

    "howard" <fishfeeder@gmail(dot)com> somehow managed to post:

    >I have it and cannot quite make up mind if I want to keep using or not?
    >
    >any insights, or tricks for a beginner (at PICASA)...

    Used it, liked it, fell out with it, uninstalled it.

    If you don't mind a gazillion picasa.ini files littering your hard
    drives, it could be for you.

    --
    HooDooWitch
    http://www.ianwhitephoto.co.uk

    HooDooWitch, Nov 18, 2004

  3. howard

    Julian Tan Guest

    G'day Howard,

    I installed it and am still using it. It's quite nifty if you want an
    easy way of browing your image collection visually. It's very fast to
    scroll from folder to folder and very intuitive.

    I love the "Hold" feature which pins images to a tray at the bottom --
    so you can pick out specific photos and then do stuff with them.

    It won't replace your image editor and manager though. For the latter
    I use Photoshop Album Standard Edition(free) -- I use the tags feature
    which is great for categorising all your photos, so that you can
    quickly search through your collection later.

    Regards,
    Jules
    http://www.shuttertalk.com
    Digital photography forums and resources

    Julian Tan, Nov 18, 2004
  4. howard

    Aerticeus Guest

    Yup - same here Julian

    Picasa is (to me anyway) the same as a quick flick through the photoalbum

    If I want to do a visual search Picasa is the tool I use

    Aerticeus

    Aerticeus, Nov 18, 2004
  5. howard

    Bob Hayden Guest

    I have been using it for a month or so now. By FAR the best feature for me
    is the ease and simplicity of E-Mailing pics to to others with Picasa...it
    does all the resizing and compressing and everything and then integrates
    with Outlook Express. No duplicate files or anything.

    Hey, it's free...they say you get what you pay for, but it's a great tool
    especially at the price!

    Bob Hayden, Nov 19, 2004