    If so, any differences/problems/pitfalls/suggestions?
    Thanks In Advance
    Joe

    red belair, Oct 26, 2004

  2. red belair wrote:
    > Just checking in before I make the committment.
    > If so, any differences/problems/pitfalls/suggestions?
    > Thanks In Advance
    > Joe

    I'd suggest doing a little research with Google. Search for Proxyconn in
    both web pages and in groups. Read the responses (not the advertising).
    Evaluate their business model. The term "spammers" mean anything to you?

    There is no such thing as making data come through the phone wire faster
    by using a software "accelerator". If it seems faster it's probably
    because you want to believe it's faster or they've compressed and/or
    cached some items that you got lucky on.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 26, 2004

  3. red belair

    red belair Guest

    Hi
    Well, yes Spammers do mean something to me.......
    I am interested in some features but mostly in accelerated web page
    delivery.
    I understand about the wire and how fast and they, along with outer
    products like it, tell you that the File Downloads will not be any
    faster and I understand that as you do. But, when testing it, there is
    definitely a difference---it can be seen in the poorer quality
    pictures when under 'acceleration'--when the mode is returned to
    normal so are the pictures. I can live with this problem.

    What I want is to be able to get the pages of the newspaper to my PC
    quicker and the heck with picture quality--unless, of course it is a
    better looking widget.

    I am not sure if I understand the relationship betweens Spammers and
    the subject. I inquired not they.

    I can relate to the faster page delivery somewhat by comparing what
    speed/time an unzipped file comes here in relation to the same data
    zipped. Of course, the PC here has to deal with it before it is
    displayed.

    I am looking for a users experience as I cannot rate it because of my
    use of broadband here.

    I appreciate the reply. I have done the google thing but will return
    there and look at other NGs.

    Joe

    red belair, Oct 26, 2004
  4. red belair

    tcg Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    | red belair wrote:
    | > Just checking in before I make the committment.
    | > If so, any differences/problems/pitfalls/suggestions?
    | > Thanks In Advance
    | > Joe
    | >

    | I'd suggest doing a little research with Google. Search for Proxyconn in
    | both web pages and in groups. Read the responses (not the advertising).
    | Evaluate their business model. The term "spammers" mean anything to you?
    |
    | There is no such thing as making data come through the phone wire faster
    | by using a software "accelerator". If it seems faster it's probably
    | because you want to believe it's faster or they've compressed and/or
    | cached some items that you got lucky on.

    "Proxyconn's claim of "DSL Speed for Dial-up" overstates its effectiveness,
    but it did double the speed of our Web-page downloads; recently viewed sites
    loaded even faster, appearing almost instantaneously."

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20565-2004Mar1.html

    tcg, Oct 26, 2004
  5. My point about spammers is that in my opinion legitimate companies with
    legitimate products do not resort to illegal practices such as spamming,
    which this company seems to do to a great extent. Plus, I have a strong
    aversion to sending money to people who are doing the most toward
    slowing down and ruining the internet experience for so many with their
    spam. I'd do without even a great product (which I don't think this
    product qualifies) if my only choice was to buy from a spammer. You may
    not feel that way.

    As for pics and not caring much about them, with most browsers you can
    turn off pictures and choose to download only those that you want to see.

    red belair wrote:
    > Hi
    > Well, yes Spammers do mean something to me.......
    > I am interested in some features but mostly in accelerated web page
    > delivery.
    > I understand about the wire and how fast and they, along with outer
    > products like it, tell you that the File Downloads will not be any
    > faster and I understand that as you do. But, when testing it, there is
    > definitely a difference---it can be seen in the poorer quality
    > pictures when under 'acceleration'--when the mode is returned to
    > normal so are the pictures. I can live with this problem.
    >
    > What I want is to be able to get the pages of the newspaper to my PC
    > quicker and the heck with picture quality--unless, of course it is a
    > better looking widget.
    >
    > I am not sure if I understand the relationship betweens Spammers and
    > the subject. I inquired not they.

    <snip>

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 26, 2004
  6. red belair

    red belair Guest

    Thanks for the input......I understand the DSL comparison. But, with
    some of the DSL reports, even 28.8 would be faster as it doesn't
    matter how fast it is if it is down....

    red belair, Oct 26, 2004
  7. red belair

    red belair Guest

    Well, I undertand and know about th ebrowser thign with pictures but
    it is a very mechanical process to say the least. However, point
    taken.

    As mentioned, my contact with the company was not via email.
    It is very difficult to find a product/company that doesn't email junk
    or advertisements of their products.

    I have never received one from a company like this though....wish I
    could say the same for others.

    Thanks for the courtesy.

    red belair, Oct 26, 2004
  8. red belair

    Moon Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:32:44 -0400, R?g?r
    <>,wrote:

    >red belair wrote:
    >> Just checking in before I make the committment.
    >> If so, any differences/problems/pitfalls/suggestions?
    >> Thanks In Advance
    >> Joe
    >>

    >I'd suggest doing a little research with Google. Search for Proxyconn in
    >both web pages and in groups. Read the responses (not the advertising).
    >Evaluate their business model. The term "spammers" mean anything to you?
    >
    >There is no such thing as making data come through the phone wire faster
    >by using a software "accelerator". If it seems faster it's probably
    >because you want to believe it's faster or they've compressed and/or
    >cached some items that you got lucky on.

    Web pages are supposed to load faster because you browse via
    a web proxy server that caches.

    Moon, Oct 26, 2004