    --
    MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
    --Olympus Evolt E-300/with lensi--

    MoParMaN, Aug 3, 2005

  2. MoParMaN

    Pete D Guest

    A friend has an Epson 9600 here in Canberra, what do you want to do?

    Pete D, Aug 3, 2005

  3. MoParMaN

    bmoag Guest

    Presumably when you say canvas you are talking about a cloth surface, muslin
    or whatever, that is not primarily intended for use in this way.
    You can print on anything you can get to feed stably through any printer.
    The printer or the material may not survive the attempt, so be prepared.
    There are a number of ways to pre and post treat cloth to stablize the
    image: this is a very important consideration. There are also a number of
    ways to try to fix whatever type of cloth or canvas you want to use to a
    more stable backing for feeding through a printer, but these methods are not
    uniformly succesful. As such printers with straight through feeding path
    options tend to work better, as do printers that do not suddenly violently
    initiate pulling the material into the printer path, a la Canon i9x types.
    These methods are actually best documented by people in quilting and other
    similar handicraft fields.
    My largest format printer is an Epson 1280 and it has been successfully used
    for its maximum width and length printing on a variety of cloth surfaces
    without ruining the printer: however that is an inherent risk of printing on
    unusual materials.

    bmoag, Aug 3, 2005
  4. MoParMaN

    MoParMaN Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    >A friend has an Epson 9600 here in Canberra, what do you want to do?

    I'm gonna print wildlife photo's on canvas, frame them, and sell them. I
    sold one the other day for 400.00. It cost me about 80.00 to send off pix
    and have it printed on canvas. Unfortunely, most of the printers that will
    do this are in the 10 to 30,000.00 range. A little over my budget.

    I'm looking at a HP DesignJet 500PS now, but it's not heavy duty enough to
    handle canvas.

    --
    MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

    MoParMaN, Aug 3, 2005
  5. MoParMaN

    MoParMaN Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > Presumably when you say canvas you are talking about a cloth surface,
    > muslin or whatever, that is not primarily intended for use in this way.

    Nope, I'm talking real canvas, it's made on 24, 36, 42, and 60 inch width
    rolls of 150 feet.

    > You can print on anything you can get to feed stably through any printer.

    Canvas will destroy the print heads on most inkjet type printers real fast.

    > The printer or the material may not survive the attempt, so be prepared.
    > There are a number of ways to pre and post treat cloth to stablize the
    > image: this is a very important consideration.

    Cloth didn't look near as good as canvas did for what I'm doing. It's not an
    option.

    Thanx.

    MoParMaN, Aug 3, 2005
  6. MoParMaN

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    > Canvas will destroy the print heads on most inkjet type printers real
    > fast.

    > Cloth didn't look near as good as canvas did for what I'm doing. It's not
    > an option.

    Unless the cost is really prohibitive, there is still something to be
    said for sending them out - not only does someone else's printer wear out,
    if something goes wrong, they absorbe the cost of a re-do. I don't know how
    large you need it, but White House (www.whcc.com) has pretty decent prices,
    and has always done a FANTASTIC job of my color prints - but I've never done
    canvas. Maybe others know of even cheaper places.

    The reason I put in a plug for sending them out is because I, personally,
    really hate fiddling with printers. By the time you do the color profile
    conversion, tweak, and adjust, you've spent a good bit of time, and if it
    doesn't come out right the first time, then you get to do it again. Good
    print shops spend a lot of time profiling their printers, and have their
    conversion software specifically tailered to that output. It's sooooo much
    less work to just send off an image, wait three days, and have the print on
    your doorstep.

    steve

    Steve Wolfe, Aug 4, 2005
  7. MoParMaN

    Guest

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:25:07 GMT, "MoParMaN"
    <> wrote:

    >I want to print on canvas and was wondering if anyone in this noosegroop has
    >anything to do so.
    >Specifically, a large format, photo quality ink or solvent type printer.

    Search Google or Dog Pile for inkjet canvas for a ton of suppliers.

    , Aug 4, 2005
  8. MoParMaN

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    MoParMaN wrote:

    > Nope, I'm talking real canvas, it's made on 24, 36, 42, and 60 inch width
    > rolls of 150 feet.
    >
    >>You can print on anything you can get to feed stably through any printer.

    > Canvas will destroy the print heads on most inkjet type printers real fast.

    HP doesn't seem to think so:

    http://tinyurl.com/9jkxz

    It IS actual canvas, or at least, no one I've printed on it for has ever
    complained otherwise.

    I print presentation graphics, photos and some digitized art regularly
    on an HP Designjet 1055CM. Does the job quite nicely:

    http://tinyurl.com/aoeoq

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    Isaiah Beard, Aug 4, 2005
  9. MoParMaN

    MoParMaN Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:25:07 GMT, "MoParMaN"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I want to print on canvas and was wondering if anyone in this noosegroop
    >>has
    >>anything to do so.
    >>Specifically, a large format, photo quality ink or solvent type printer.

    > Search Google or Dog Pile for inkjet canvas for a ton of suppliers.

    Ink jet isn't good enough ink. I finally bought a designjet. Should be her
    in a week.
    Thanks,

    --
    MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

    MoParMaN, Aug 4, 2005
  10. MoParMaN

    MoParMaN Guest

    "Isaiah Beard" <> wrote in message
    > MoParMaN wrote:
    >
    >> Nope, I'm talking real canvas, it's made on 24, 36, 42, and 60 inch width
    >> rolls of 150 feet.
    >>
    >>>You can print on anything you can get to feed stably through any printer.

    >> Canvas will destroy the print heads on most inkjet type printers real
    >> fast.

    > HP doesn't seem to think so:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/9jkxz
    >
    > It IS actual canvas, or at least, no one I've printed on it for has ever
    > complained otherwise.
    >
    > I print presentation graphics, photos and some digitized art regularly on
    > an HP Designjet 1055CM. Does the job quite nicely:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/aoeoq

    That's what I've been looking at, that and the 500/800 series.

    --
    MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

    MoParMaN, Aug 4, 2005
  11. MoParMaN

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    MoParMaN wrote:
    \
    >>I print presentation graphics, photos and some digitized art regularly on
    >>an HP Designjet 1055CM. Does the job quite nicely:
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/aoeoq
    >>

    > That's what I've been looking at, that and the 500/800 series.

    They're not bad printers, either. The DesignJet line is really the only
    HP branded hardware I'd ever recommend these days. I really hope HP
    doesn't screw the line up like they have with everything else they now make.

    Now, if Canon entered the large format market, I'm sure they'd clean
    HP's clock. ;)

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    Isaiah Beard, Aug 7, 2005