    it? Did you save quite a bit? Do you think you still could have saved more
    by offering a lower price?

    thanks!

    Brian, Jun 11, 2007

  2. Brian wrote:
    > Has anyone here bought airfare with Priceline's Name Your Own Price & Save
    > promotion? If so, could you share your experience?
    >
    > I'm looking to fly from Hawaii to Vegas and have been watching fares for
    > quite a while. I'm wondering if I might be able to get a real deal using
    > priceline by being flexible on what airlines I fly and what flights; I'd
    > gladly take any flights if I was saving a decent amount by naming my own
    > price.
    >
    > If you've named your own price, could you post your experience? Was it worth
    > it? Did you save quite a bit? Do you think you still could have saved more
    > by offering a lower price?

    The one time I used it turned out to be a nightmare. As soon as I
    entered the flight details for what I wanted, they started trying to
    sell me some other ticket. I told them I wasn't interested but let my
    offer stand for I originally wanted. This was a ticket for my wife to
    fly to Phoenix.

    They wrote back a little later and said "my request" had been cancelled.
    Not my real requst, the one they were trying to sell me. My wife saw
    this email before I did and thought the main request was cancelled, so
    she called the airline and bought a ticket over the phone. Meanwhile my
    offer got accespted. Now we had duplicate tickets and it took a lot of
    phone calls to straighten it out. I won't use them again.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 11, 2007