    It looks like a card I would like to have but the website says Win2000
    or XP. What software specifically needs XP? I don't mind giving up
    some functions.
    GraB, Jul 22, 2005

  2. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:04:57 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >It looks like a card I would like to have but the website says Win2000
    >or XP. What software specifically needs XP? I don't mind giving up
    >some functions.

    Official ATI website lists 98SE so perhaps Powercolor aren't telling
    the whole story.

    http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9600/aiw9600/specs.html
    GraB, Jul 22, 2005

  3. GraB

    Andrew Guest

    Andrew, Jul 22, 2005
  4. GraB

    GraB Guest

    GraB, Jul 22, 2005
  5. GraB

    Rob J Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:04:57 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >It looks like a card I would like to have but the website says Win2000
    >or XP. What software specifically needs XP? I don't mind giving up
    >some functions.

    Many of these cards say minimum specs are a PIII or PIV class CPU. And
    at least a 300 W power supply in your PC.

    The driver model in 2000/XP is quite different from 98, drivers
    written for 2k/XP simply will not work in 98.
    Rob J, Jul 23, 2005