    The degree of civilisation in a society can be judged by observing its
    prisoners
    Dostoevsky
    Ian Hurst (Troyka), Dec 12, 2004

  2. "Ian Hurst (Troyka)" <> writes:
    > Anyone used a cokin magnefix lens? I want a wide converter for my
    > canon a80 and thought this may be a good solution. Anyone have
    > experience of them on the a80 or other camera?

    I did a survey of WA-converters for compacts a while ago - as
    blogged here:
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~gisle/blog/index.php?p=6

    My conclusion is that in addition to the converters from the major
    camera manufacturers, there seem to be just four non-toy brands
    out there: Kenko, Raynox, Tiffen and Hakuba.

    I've never seen an evaluation of the Cokin Magnefix, but judging by
    the look of the thing (not a very reliable method - I know) it appears
    to be cheap and nasty - a bit like those "Titanium" thingies they sell
    on eBay.
    When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?
    Gisle Hannemyr, Dec 12, 2004