    Colin
    -----
    (Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)

    Colin Malsingh, Oct 30, 2003

  2. "Colin Malsingh" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    SNIP
    > Is it worth buying:
    > - Qimage?
    > - Neat Image?

    Yes, both are essential if you want quality output.

    > - The various Fred Miranda utilities?

    If you have the first two, then most of what Fred's plug-ins offer is
    already covered.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Oct 30, 2003

  3. "Colin Malsingh" <> wrote in message
    > I have heard a few people recommend it, and downloaded the evaluation
    > copy.
    >
    > I am not interested in having to re-sample my files to get the output
    > resolution right, so was attracted by Qimage. It seems to work well,
    > but there are now a raft of different utilities that are available and
    > I'm losing track of the best combination.
    >
    > I have Photoshop Elements
    >
    > Is it worth buying:
    > - Qimage?
    > - Neat Image?
    > - The various Fred Miranda utilities?
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >
    > Colin

    Qimage - If you want a very fine interpolation algorithm and/or quick and
    easy multi-image layouts then get it.
    Neat Image - Does the noise removal thing very very well indeed. It does
    take some time and effort to profile correctly intially.
    FM's actions ... If you can't make similar yourself and need 'speed' then
    why not (they're pretty cheap)? You won't need his resizing or noise removal
    actions if you have the two above softwares of course (they respectively do
    a better job)

    Simon

    Simon Stanmore, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Colin Malsingh

    Mark C Guest

    I use Qimage. I love it. Don't know how I did without it.

    Mark C
    Nashville,TN

    Mark C, Oct 30, 2003
  5. Colin Malsingh

     Guest

    In article <>, colin-
    says...
    > I have heard a few people recommend it, and downloaded the evaluation
    > copy.
    >
    > I am not interested in having to re-sample my files to get the output
    > resolution right, so was attracted by Qimage. It seems to work well,
    > but there are now a raft of different utilities that are available and
    > I'm losing track of the best combination.
    >
    > I have Photoshop Elements
    >
    > Is it worth buying:
    > - Qimage?
    > - Neat Image?
    > - The various Fred Miranda utilities?
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >
    > Colin
    > -----
    > (Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)

    Neat Image has a free version that works quite well. I use that
    version.

    , Oct 31, 2003
  6. Colin Malsingh

     Guest

    In article <>, colin-
    says...
    > I have heard a few people recommend it, and downloaded the evaluation
    > copy.
    >
    > I am not interested in having to re-sample my files to get the output
    > resolution right, so was attracted by Qimage. It seems to work well,
    > but there are now a raft of different utilities that are available and
    > I'm losing track of the best combination.
    >
    > I have Photoshop Elements
    >
    > Is it worth buying:
    > - Qimage?
    > - Neat Image?
    > - The various Fred Miranda utilities?
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >
    > Colin
    > -----
    > (Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)

    Once you buy Qimage, you get lifetime free program updates. And they
    are updated often with new features.

    , Oct 31, 2003
  7. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:54:11 +0000, Colin Malsingh
    <> wrote:

    >I have Photoshop Elements
    >
    >Is it worth buying:
    >- Qimage?
    >- Neat Image?
    >- The various Fred Miranda utilities?
    >
    >Any recommendations?

    Thanks for such a swift set of replies everyone.

    Although I have been scanning slides & negs for a while, I only bought
    my first digital camera last weekend. It's taken me until now to
    realise that using the camera was just the first set of steps in a
    longer chain!

    I hear the expression "Workflow" to cover the different processing
    steps commonly used to get your output.

    Are there any other tools that people have found useful apart from the
    ones listed in my original question above?

    Colin
    -----
    (Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)

    Colin Malsingh, Oct 31, 2003
  8. Colin Malsingh

    Guest

    Couldn't do without it. Have had it since the beginning and love it. You
    own it for life and there are always updates and new features.

    , Nov 1, 2003