    Nortel is saying too bad, they're out of warranty.

    If anyone else is seeing this, maybe there's a potential for a class
    action lawsuit?

    Evan Platt, Nov 14, 2008

  2. On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:43:44 -0800, Evan Platt aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > At one of the company I work for's larger installs, we installed
    > Nortel 2330A AP's.
    >
    > After about a year and a half (yeah, just out of warranty), some of
    > the AP's started to make a high pitched squealing noise. Younger
    > people hear it just fine - it starts not being heard by people in
    > their 40's or older. Unfortunately, it's driving the employees at the
    > locations mad, so we have no choice but to replace them. I think we've
    > replaced 20+.
    >
    > Nortel is saying too bad, they're out of warranty.
    >
    > If anyone else is seeing this, maybe there's a potential for a class
    > action lawsuit?

    Unlikely. Workplace hazards are usually thrown out.
    Its a PITA, sure, I can hear the screen on my moms Palm Pilot
    squealing...florescent lights sometimes make annoying noises...thats what
    iPods are for: blocking the annoyances of noises from equipment and
    coWorkers.

    HTH

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 14, 2008