    --------------------
    WoWsat.com
    --------------------
    R Green - WoWsat.com, Aug 7, 2003

  2. R Green - WoWsat.com

    Clive Guest

    "R Green - WoWsat.com" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > My company is thinking of purchasing DocuShare from Xerox and I was
    > wondering if anyone (ie. sys admins) have any experience running that
    > program?
    >
    > http://docushare.xerox.com
    >
    > I'd like to be able to see if anyone has had any security issues, etc and
    > experienced implementing it.. from their marketing brochure, it appears

    that
    > this is just a glorified version of an FTP program that uses java...
    >
    > R Green
    > Technical Support
    > --------------------
    > WoWsat.com
    > --------------------

    We have two site running Docushare. Nothing but problems in the 18 months we
    have had it. I'm the on site engineer and the scanning side of it is a
    nightmare, unstable, slow.

    I have nothing against Xerox and we have some great product from them, but
    Docushare isn't one of them.

    Clive
    Clive, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Oh wow... Thanks for the feedback... Xerox made it sound like *THE* program
    of the century...

    What our company is looking for is a program that is not OS dependent (ie.
    can install on *any* OS) and will allow various subsidiaries to access with
    their own password protected folders/sites (using SSL) to obtain their
    documentation... it seems like DocuShare is too good to be true as it also
    acts like a web template to allow my company to set up a website quickly and
    painlessly. Haven't heard of any security concerns with regards to this
    'program'...

    Any recommendations of other programs that would do the same?

    R Green
    Technical Support
    --------------------
    WoWsat.com
    --------------------

    R Green - WoWsat.com, Aug 7, 2003
  4. R Green - WoWsat.com

    > Oh wow... Thanks for the feedback... Xerox made it sound like *THE*

    program
    > of the century...
    >
    > What our company is looking for is a program that is not OS dependent (ie.
    > can install on *any* OS) and will allow various subsidiaries to access

    with
    > their own password protected folders/sites (using SSL) to obtain their
    > documentation... it seems like DocuShare is too good to be true as it also
    > acts like a web template to allow my company to set up a website quickly

    and
    > painlessly. Haven't heard of any security concerns with regards to this
    > 'program'...
    >
    > Any recommendations of other programs that would do the same?
    >
    > R Green
    > Technical Support
    > --------------------
    > WoWsat.com
    > --------------------

    Not really. We now use a bespoke system for scanning. We have two NT
    servers as scanning servers and storing the companies documents. These are
    linked to our main Unix system which runs a bespoke database system. All
    Workstation (w95/98. w2k, NT) scan requests go through Unix database and on
    to the NT Scan servers.

    Clive
    Clive, Aug 7, 2003
  5. R Green - WoWsat.com

    Deacon

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hello I am having a performance issue with DS 6.02. operations take minutes to perform Has anyone else had the same issue. We use 2003 servers
    Deacon, Sep 9, 2009