    thanks for any help !

    --
    Regards Ron...........

    Twixer, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Twixer

    Dennis Guest

    I hve used abbyy, although just the lit version 5 that came with my printer.
    This version just gathers the text. Now prior to this its been several
    years since I used OCR software, but that's basically what it does, gather
    the text, not recreate the entire page.

    OK, just checked the web page, if you are using the professional edition, it
    does offer layout retention, are you using the pro edition or an edition
    that came with a scanner?

    Check their web page:

    http://www.abbyy.com/

    Hope this helps.

    "Twixer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all I am looking for some help on using abbyy finreader 7.0 when I
    > transfer it to a "word" doc I cannot (try as i might) to get background
    > colours to transfer, ie just want the full scan to move and not just

    random

    Dennis, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Twixer

    Twixer Guest

    Thanks for the prompt reply, yes its the pro edition, Still cant get the
    full page after a very slight alteration to go over to word though

    --
    Regards Ron...........

    Twixer, Oct 19, 2003