    thanks
    banjo
    , Aug 10, 2004

  2. wayne Guest

    Hot works fine we have a large 60" inkjet at work along with a hot press
    laminator works no problem just make sure the prints are dry!

    Wayne

    wayne, Aug 10, 2004

  3. "wayne" <> wrote in message
    > Hot works fine we have a large 60" inkjet at work along with a hot

    press
    > laminator works no problem just make sure the prints are dry!
    >
    > Wayne
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone here use a laminator to protect photos that have been
    > > printed on an inkjet?
    > >
    > > Is it OK to use a 'hot' laminator or does it have to be 'cold'
    > >
    > > thanks

    This is not a criticism but have you any idea if lamination has much
    effect on print life time, especially fading?

    --
    James V. Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland, USA
    James Silverton, Aug 10, 2004
  4. IRO Guest

    In article <4118cb5e$0$5893$>,
    "James Silverton" <> wrote:

    > This is not a criticism but have you any idea if lamination has much
    > effect on print life time, especially fading?

    I guess it depends on whether the laminate has UV filtration built in.
    Plus whether the adhesive reacts with the ink or paper over time

    ------
    ~IRO
    My ambition in Life is to build something that will
    REALLY last....at least until I've finished building it.
    IRO, Aug 11, 2004
  5. wayne Guest

    We have only had the laminator for a few years I will ask the folks in the
    graphics department if they have any old prints. Ours are all indoors with
    no windows. the printer does have outdoor colorfast inks that are supposed
    to be UV stable.

    Wayne

    wayne, Aug 12, 2004