Anyone try Bullzeye color correctiion software?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Patrick L., Apr 9, 2004.

  1. Patrick L.

    Patrick L. Guest

    Patrick L., Apr 9, 2004

  2. Patrick L.

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:48:02 -0500,
    "Patrick L." <> wrote:

    >http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2429431&showprevnext=1
    >
    >Does this really work?

    Probably, but then this kind of thing is a standard part of better image
    editing programs, so why pay extra? 'Course I might well buy it anyway, if it
    was delivered by one of those cute girls. ;-).

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Patrick L.

    Alan Browne Guest

    Patrick L. wrote:
    > http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2429431&showprevnext=1
    >

    > Does this really work?

    I imagine it might. But, assuming your screen is reasonably well
    calibrated you can do the same in PS, PSE, etc.
    Notice it recomends pointing at a few areas (black, grey, white) and
    then it balances the colors...

    One advantage of this bullseye product is the semi automation (where you
    enqueue files for work and it does the repetitious work of loading and
    saving files... this would streamline the process a bit).

    I recently scanned 140 volleyball slides from 5 rolls (2 types with the
    EC 200 developed 3 different ways) of film. Since the lighting (ambient
    + fixed remote flashes) was pretty consistent for the shooting, it would
    have been nice to simply to setup each film type and batch process the
    colors (with PS elements I can't do this, not sure about PS7 or CS) for
    each film. Then I would have had to do the cropping and re-size. From
    there a batch to do the USM would have been nice (almost all shots were
    the same USM settings or close enough not to really matter.)

    That would saved me a couple hours, I'm sure...

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Patrick L.

    Patrick L. Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > Patrick L. wrote:

    http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2429431&showprevnext=1

    > > Does this really work?

    > I imagine it might. But, assuming your screen is reasonably well
    > calibrated you can do the same in PS, PSE, etc

    > Notice it recomends pointing at a few areas (black, grey, white) and
    > then it balances the colors...
    >
    > One advantage of this bullseye product is the semi automation (where you
    > enqueue files for work and it does the repetitious work of loading and
    > saving files... this would streamline the process a bit).
    >
    > I recently scanned 140 volleyball slides from 5 rolls (2 types with the
    > EC 200 developed 3 different ways) of film. Since the lighting (ambient
    > + fixed remote flashes) was pretty consistent for the shooting, it would
    > have been nice to simply to setup each film type and batch process the
    > colors (with PS elements I can't do this, not sure about PS7 or CS) for
    > each film. Then I would have had to do the cropping and re-size. From
    > there a batch to do the USM would have been nice (almost all shots were
    > the same USM settings or close enough not to really matter.)
    >
    > That would saved me a couple hours, I'm sure...
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Alan.

    Hi,

    PS7 is wonderful for batch processing, you just process one photo, record
    all the steps, and create an action file which you can use to batch process
    entire folders of images based on the steps you just recorded for one
    particular image. Of course, this assumes all the images beinng process
    require the same treatment. One thing I find isn't possible, batch
    cropping, since every photo is different in this regard. I hear PS CS is
    even better. Another need thing, as there are many precreated action sets
    downloadable on the internet, for various image enhancements. Several are
    available for removing noise, curingg WB problems, etc. I couldn't live
    without PS7, though I wish I had PS CS.

    Take care,

    Patrick

    Patrick L., Apr 9, 2004
  5. Patrick L.

    Alan Browne Guest

    Patrick L. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > PS7 is wonderful for batch processing, you just process one photo, record
    > all the steps, and create an action file which you can use to batch process
    > entire folders of images based on the steps you just recorded for one
    > particular image. Of course, this assumes all the images beinng process
    > require the same treatment. One thing I find isn't possible, batch
    > cropping, since every photo is different in this regard. I hear PS CS is
    > even better. Another need thing, as there are many precreated action sets
    > downloadable on the internet, for various image enhancements. Several are
    > available for removing noise, curingg WB problems, etc. I couldn't live
    > without PS7, though I wish I had PS CS.

    PS E 2.0 only has a basic re-sze/re-name batch function, unfortunately.
    I would love PS 7 or CS but budget won't allow it.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Apr 9, 2004