    ie The MS keyboard also has lots of extra buttons, do these work under OSx?

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Nov 23, 2005

  2. thing2

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:48:25 +1300, thing2 <>
    wrote:

    >I want to get a wireless setup as my mac keyboard is dying and Im sick
    >of wires.... The mac wireless setup is circa $300 (plus you have to buy
    >a blue tooth dongle) v $148 for the MS setup....MS lists the MS pack as
    >OSx compatible...but how compatible?
    >
    >ie The MS keyboard also has lots of extra buttons, do these work under OSx?
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    I'm using an MS wireless keyboard and mouse with Xandros no problems.
    The receiver has a ps2 keyboard connection and a usb connector with a
    ps2 adaptor for the mouse, the box doesn't know it's wireless.

    Bret, Nov 23, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    thing2 <> wrote:

    > I want to get a wireless setup as my mac keyboard is dying and Im sick
    > of wires.... The mac wireless setup is circa $300 (plus you have to buy
    > a blue tooth dongle) v $148 for the MS setup....MS lists the MS pack as
    > OSx compatible...but how compatible?
    >
    > ie The MS keyboard also has lots of extra buttons, do these work under OSx?

    You might want to get hold of a copy of the latest Macguide. It has
    reviews of the latest Microsoft input devices from a Mac perspective.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    Wellington, New Zealand

    Any opinions expressed in this posting are my own, and do not
    necessarily reflect the views of any other individual or organisation.

    Alastair.geek.nz, Nov 23, 2005
  4. thing2

    thingy Guest

    Re: Anyone tried the Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse on MacOSx?

    Alastair.geek.nz wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > thing2 <> wrote:
    >

    >>I want to get a wireless setup as my mac keyboard is dying and Im sick
    >>of wires.... The mac wireless setup is circa $300 (plus you have to buy
    >>a blue tooth dongle) v $148 for the MS setup....MS lists the MS pack as
    >>OSx compatible...but how compatible?
    >>
    >>ie The MS keyboard also has lots of extra buttons, do these work under OSx?

    > You might want to get hold of a copy of the latest Macguide. It has
    > reviews of the latest Microsoft input devices from a Mac perspective.

    Thanks that might hep a lot

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 23, 2005
  5. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    Alastair.geek.nz wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > thing2 <> wrote:
    >

    >>I want to get a wireless setup as my mac keyboard is dying and Im sick
    >>of wires.... The mac wireless setup is circa $300 (plus you have to buy
    >>a blue tooth dongle) v $148 for the MS setup....MS lists the MS pack as
    >>OSx compatible...but how compatible?
    >>
    >>ie The MS keyboard also has lots of extra buttons, do these work under OSx?

    > You might want to get hold of a copy of the latest Macguide. It has
    > reviews of the latest Microsoft input devices from a Mac perspective.

    unable to find anything on that...

    :(

    will keep looking

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Nov 23, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    thing2 <> wrote:

    > Alastair.geek.nz wrote:

    > > You might want to get hold of a copy of the latest Macguide. It has
    > > reviews of the latest Microsoft input devices from a Mac perspective.

    > unable to find anything on that...
    > :(
    > will keep looking

    It's the November/December edition, page 4 and 5. It features three
    Microsoft keyboards, one of which is wireless. It's the 'Wireless Laser
    Desktop 6000 Package' which includes a keyboard and mouse. The article
    provides a good description of the product, but it is by no means a
    product review. The price quoted is $199, but I would imagine that you
    could get it cheaper if you shop around.

    The fact that it's featured in a Mac orientated magazine would suggest
    that the OS X compatibility would be sufficient for the programming of
    the soft keys, but you'd probably be best to look at Microsoft's web
    site to confirm this. I would hope that the Windows-specific keys could
    be re-programmed to function as control, option and command keys.

    I would have to say that I prefer Apple Mice over other brands because
    having the shell of the mouse acting as a button means that I use the
    muscles in my wrist rather than my finger to depress the button. I find
    that, over long periods of use, this results in much less fatigue
    although, wherever inputs devices are concerned, personal preference
    probably overrules any recommendation.

    Alastair.geek.nz, Nov 24, 2005
  7. thing2

    Alastair.geek.nz wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > thing2 <> wrote:
    >

    >>Alastair.geek.nz wrote:

    >>>You might want to get hold of a copy of the latest Macguide. It has
    >>>reviews of the latest Microsoft input devices from a Mac perspective.

    >>unable to find anything on that...
    >:mad:
    >>will keep looking

    > It's the November/December edition, page 4 and 5. It features three
    > Microsoft keyboards, one of which is wireless. It's the 'Wireless Laser
    > Desktop 6000 Package' which includes a keyboard and mouse. The article
    > provides a good description of the product, but it is by no means a
    > product review. The price quoted is $199, but I would imagine that you
    > could get it cheaper if you shop around.
    >
    > The fact that it's featured in a Mac orientated magazine would suggest
    > that the OS X compatibility would be sufficient for the programming of
    > the soft keys, but you'd probably be best to look at Microsoft's web
    > site to confirm this. I would hope that the Windows-specific keys could
    > be re-programmed to function as control, option and command keys.
    >
    > I would have to say that I prefer Apple Mice over other brands because
    > having the shell of the mouse acting as a button means that I use the
    > muscles in my wrist rather than my finger to depress the button. I find
    > that, over long periods of use, this results in much less fatigue
    > although, wherever inputs devices are concerned, personal preference
    > probably overrules any recommendation.

    I got one from DSE on the principle I can take it back before 7
    days....It is the Pro 3..........most buttons worked straight off,
    "play" opened itunes and played the first tune, calculator button worked
    straight off....the mouse is neat, both feel comfortable. I have 5
    programmable buttons which seem to be programable under OSx, generally
    pretty happy, especially at <50% the cost of a Mac setup......pity it is
    for my GF....

    :(

    regards

    Thing