    I tried the 3cx forum, but I got no response.
    I did the google but couldn't find much on this.).
    thanks for any advice.
    tg, Nov 4, 2008

  2. In article <4910c2e5$0$2531$>,
    tg <> wrote:
    >I've been told the cisco 7940 ip phone works with the 3cx soft pbx,
    >(http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940.html) but has anyone here
    >tried the 7940G? does it work with 3cx?
    >I tried 3cx but they don't know.
    >I tried the 3cx forum, but I got no response.
    >I did the google but couldn't find much on this.).
    >thanks for any advice.

    I suspect you'll need to re-flash the Cisco phone with the SIP client
    software rather than Ciscos call manager/sccp proprietary one.

    This may help:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

    There's more here

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk phone cisco 79xx

    it's a bit asterisk specific, but might help:

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 4, 2008

  3. tg

    Hongtian Guest

    On 5 Nov, 05:47, "tg" <> wrote:
    > I've been told the cisco 7940 ip phone works with the 3cx soft pbx,
    > (http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940.html) but has anyone here
    > tried the 7940G? does it work with 3cx?
    > I tried 3cx but they don't know.
    > I tried the 3cx forum, but I got no response.
    > I did the google but couldn't find much on this.).
    > thanks for any advice.

    If you post wireshark result here, maybe we can give more suggestion
    to you.

    In another way, why not try miniSipServer? It is another SIP server
    for windows and very easy to use.

    Good luck.
    Hongtian, Nov 5, 2008
  4. tg

    Al Guest

    "Hongtian" <> wrote in message
    > On 5 Nov, 05:47, "tg" <> wrote:
    >> I've been told the cisco 7940 ip phone works with the 3cx soft pbx,
    >> (http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940.html) but has anyone here
    >> tried the 7940G? does it work with 3cx?
    >> I tried 3cx but they don't know.
    >> I tried the 3cx forum, but I got no response.
    >> I did the google but couldn't find much on this.).
    >> thanks for any advice.

    > If you post wireshark result here, maybe we can give more suggestion
    > to you.
    >
    > In another way, why not try miniSipServer? It is another SIP server
    > for windows and very easy to use.
    >
    > Good luck.

    We run 3CX on our large VoIP hire systems and run 7940s for some events.
    This is obviously post conversion to SIP.
    There are sometimes registration problems which aren't consistent and we
    have found that Grandstream 2000s and Snoms far more robust with the 3CX.
    They would certainly be the phone of my choice for the lot but we did have a
    large quantity of 7940s to start with.

    Also if using PoE with the 7940 please bear in mind that their 'standard'
    uis the reverse of the accepted norm.

    Feel free to email with any other Q's as we have gone a long way down the
    road with the 7940 and its foibles.

    Regards
    Alastair
    Al, Nov 7, 2008
  5. tg

    tg Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in message

    > Feel free to email with any other Q's as we have gone a long way down
    > the road with the 7940 and its foibles.

    thanks for your response. I wanted to try out both cisco cme and a soft
    pbx (like 3cx) to compare the two. I'm just a beginner to all this voip
    stuff and I have a lot to learn, but I have to get phones that will work
    on both systems.
    tg, Nov 11, 2008
  6. tg

    Al Guest

    "tg" <> wrote in message

    > "Al" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Feel free to email with any other Q's as we have gone a long way down
    >> the road with the 7940 and its foibles.

    > thanks for your response. I wanted to try out both cisco cme and a soft
    > pbx (like 3cx) to compare the two. I'm just a beginner to all this voip
    > stuff and I have a lot to learn, but I have to get phones that will work
    > on both systems.

    They willl work, my partner loves the Cisco phone and I prefer others.
    The 3 CX is good and solid we find and we give it some real work.

    With the Cisco phones you have to set you mind up for them and your
    ancillary bits and bobs.
    Such as Cat 5 adapter leads with power reversed for one off TFTP uploads
    and set up in the field.
    Not like other phones suc h as GS/Snom etc where you have a page from your
    brower to modify individual settings.

    But they will work on both systems.

    Feel free to mail me for more info and a chat if you like.
    I know the 3 CX inside out.

    Regards

    Alastair
    Al, Nov 11, 2008
  7. tg

    jlanef

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Alastair,
    I have been using Asterisk with Cisco phones and know them well, but can't get 3CX to work. They have not been much help. Can you help?

    txs
    Jeff
    jlanef, Aug 10, 2009