Anyone tried E3flix? (I'm done with netflix)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by TH, Nov 18, 2006.

  1. TH

    TH Guest

    I can't take the throttling anymore from Netflix and will just go
    DVDless before I give htem another penny to hold onto my disks. I've
    never seen a service this bad. one or two disks you can blame the mail
    but for the last four weeks now it's just ridiculous how obvious they
    are throttling me (and this is the second time now over the last year).
    Besides making almost impossible to actually even contact them, they
    don't respond to emails anyway. I've had two disks that were supposedly
    sent out a week ago not arrive and another from the 15th. Each time I
    return a disk, it take a couple extra days now for them to "show up"
    there. I just had it with them.

    I tried Blockbuster once about a year ago and they were just bad. I had
    about ten movies in my queue just sitting there, all available, never
    being sent out. Finally I called and asked why nothign was being sent
    when they're all available and the guy said you have to have at least
    30 movies in your queue. I told him what does it matter if there's 3
    or 300, if they say "available now" why isn't anything being sent. I
    could hear the gerbil on the wheel in his head trying to come up with
    an answer and he finally admitted he didn't know.

    I saw an ad for this new company E3flix, which is the same price as
    Netflix, I just don't want to waste money repeating what I've had with
    Netflix if this company does the same thing or is as bad as BB or
    Netflix. Anyone tried them yet?
    TH, Nov 18, 2006

  2. TH

    root Guest

    TH <> wrote:

    > I tried Blockbuster once about a year ago and they were just bad. I had
    > about ten movies in my queue just sitting there, all available, never
    > being sent out. Finally I called and asked why nothign was being sent
    > when they're all available and the guy said you have to have at least
    > 30 movies in your queue. I told him what does it matter if there's 3
    > or 300, if they say "available now" why isn't anything being sent. I
    > could hear the gerbil on the wheel in his head trying to come up with
    > an answer and he finally admitted he didn't know.

    Blockbuster has introduced a new wrinkle in their dvd-by-mail: you
    can return a disk to your local store and swap it for anything they
    have. They will mail the disk back for you and you get an instant
    exchange.
    root, Nov 18, 2006

  3. TH

    Bill's News Guest

    TH wrote:
    > I can't take the throttling anymore from Netflix and will just
    > go
    > DVDless before I give htem another penny to hold onto my
    > disks. I've
    > never seen a service this bad. one or two disks you can blame
    > the mail
    > but for the last four weeks now it's just ridiculous how
    > obvious they
    > are throttling me (and this is the second time now over the
    > last
    > year). Besides making almost impossible to actually even
    > contact
    > them, they don't respond to emails anyway. I've had two disks
    > that
    > were supposedly sent out a week ago not arrive and another
    > from the
    > 15th. Each time I return a disk, it take a couple extra days
    > now for
    > them to "show up" there. I just had it with them.
    >
    > I tried Blockbuster once about a year ago and they were just
    > bad. I
    > had about ten movies in my queue just sitting there, all
    > available,
    > never being sent out. Finally I called and asked why nothign
    > was
    > being sent when they're all available and the guy said you
    > have to
    > have at least 30 movies in your queue. I told him what does
    > it
    > matter if there's 3 or 300, if they say "available now" why
    > isn't
    > anything being sent. I could hear the gerbil on the wheel in
    > his head
    > trying to come up with an answer and he finally admitted he
    > didn't
    > know.
    >
    > I saw an ad for this new company E3flix, which is the same
    > price as
    > Netflix, I just don't want to waste money repeating what I've
    > had with
    > Netflix if this company does the same thing or is as bad as BB
    > or
    > Netflix. Anyone tried them yet?

    Sorry to hear of your plight. I had subscribed to Netflix for
    about 2 years before running out of titles of interest, then
    cancelled until just a few weeks ago when I resumed as a 4 out
    customer.

    In all of my prior experience, and certainly since resuming,
    I've experienced none of what you have. In fairness though, I'm
    within an easy walk of a major PO satellite, which itself is but
    a 30 minute drive from a PO distribution center which is
    adjacent to a Netflix depot.

    Anything I drop in the slot at the PO satellite before 5:00 PM
    is posted by Netflix the next morning before 7:00 AM. They
    always post the next item in my list the same day they receive a
    disc and, except for non-local fulfillment, I always receive
    those discs the next day.

    This newest subscription has had but one distant fulfillment so
    far and it was on the day before Saturday, Veterans' Day. The
    disc was posted on Friday as due to be received by me on Weds.
    It arrived on Monday and was from Minneapolis. I don't pay much
    attention to what's in what envelope, so I returned a different
    disc in that envelope and the Minneapolis disc in a local
    envelope on Tuesday. Both were acknowledged on Wednesday
    morning and each triggered a new delivery immediately. In the
    case of the distant disc, it was back to them before they
    thought I should receive it!

    I will say, however, that on Thursday of this week I was in a
    hurry and did not walk to the nearby PO satellite. The disc I
    dropped in the corner mailbox did not arrive at Netflix on
    Friday, as I had expected - I expect it will on Monday.

    I always return a disc the next morning - save the one time
    mentioned. I never receive discs on Sun or Mon, but usually
    have something arriving on each of the other days. I'm a much
    higher volume consumer that a few of my neighbors who are also
    Netfilx "friends." None of them ever rents something I've
    ordered, they just drop by the day I'm supposed to receive what
    they might be interested in;-0)
    Bill's News, Nov 19, 2006
  4. TH

    Phisherman Guest

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:12:15 -0800, "Bill's News"
    <> wrote:

> [...]

    >disc in that envelope and the Minneapolis disc in a local
    >envelope on Tuesday. Both were acknowledged on Wednesday
    >morning and each triggered a new delivery immediately. In the
    >case of the distant disc, it was back to them before they
    >thought I should receive it!
    >
    >I will say, however, that on Thursday of this week I was in a
    >hurry and did not walk to the nearby PO satellite. The disc I
    >dropped in the corner mailbox did not arrive at Netflix on
    >Friday, as I had expected - I expect it will on Monday.
    >
    >I always return a disc the next morning - save the one time
    >mentioned. I never receive discs on Sun or Mon, but usually
    >have something arriving on each of the other days. I'm a much
    >higher volume consumer that a few of my neighbors who are also
    >Netfilx "friends." None of them ever rents something I've
    >ordered, they just drop by the day I'm supposed to receive what

    You fortunate. I quit Netflix after 6 months. It was taking 1-3
    weeks to get a movie, plus I was getting plenty of non-playable DVDs.
    When I reported a DVD as "damaged" they waited until they recieved the
    damaged DVD before sending me another (same title) DVD! I was
    throttled too much. Got a subscription to Hollywood video--unlimited
    3-at-a-time DVDs for $9.99 a month. This worked much better as the
    video store is a block away from home.
    Phisherman, Nov 19, 2006
  5. TH

    Guest Guest

    "TH" <> wrote in message
    >I can't take the throttling anymore from Netflix and will just go
    > DVDless before I give htem another penny to hold onto my disks. I've
    > never seen a service this bad. one or two disks you can blame the mail
    > but for the last four weeks now it's just ridiculous how obvious they
    > are throttling me (and this is the second time now over the last year).
    > Besides making almost impossible to actually even contact them, they
    > don't respond to emails anyway. I've had two disks that were supposedly
    > sent out a week ago not arrive and another from the 15th. Each time I
    > return a disk, it take a couple extra days now for them to "show up"
    > there. I just had it with them.

    I'm always surprised to read such complaints. In the year I've subscribed
    to Netflix I've had none of these problems. They acknowledge receipt of
    every disc returned, usually within a day, and send out the next item in my
    queue the same day. The disc usually arrives the next day or the day after.
    The service is so fast that I have trouble watching the movies as quickly as
    they arrive. I routinely watch 6 movies/week; that's about all I have time
    for.

    Norm Strong
    Guest, Nov 19, 2006
  6. I can tell you that Blockbuster Online has changed for the better. I
    want you to try it for a FREE month If you decide to cancel I will be
    surprised, but understand it's your decision. That's 4 weeks free to
    give us another try.
    Go to this link and follow the instructions.

    www.mindbasetechnologies.com

    Thanks
    Steve Martin
    Blockbuster

    Total Access Man, Nov 19, 2006
  7. TH

    Guest

    Unfortunately I have to also report that for "unknown"reasons their service
    does not work for me as well as it was when I started. For the first 9
    months it worked fine and then it started to get bad. Disks they note as
    shipped do not arrive. Some that do, take an abnormally long time to get to
    me: from Minneapolis to me in St.Paul (just across the river) has taken as
    long as 6 days! Since the postal service has also gotten undependable, I was
    at first ready to blame the postal service (mail addressed to me is
    sometimes misdelived to other people as far away as several city blocks.) I
    now feel that Netflix is to blame, at least partially. I do not get any
    e-mails when the title is shipped, I do not get any e-mail when a title is
    returned. Looking at their web site (in my account area) I notice that
    videos returned by me are often not listed as received until several days
    later. I always return the video at the local post office. Most other mail
    between the Twin Cities does not take longer than 1 day. I have a "1 a day"
    account and when a title is "lost" I have to wait for 6 more days and then
    request a replacement. This reduces the number of videos I get to watch to a
    point where I feel it is no longer cost effective. Once I received a DVD
    that was broken (NOT scratched, but broken!). I returned it with a note that
    is was broken. I received an e-mail that the receiving section can not
    accept or answer enclosed notes). I requested a replacement and you would
    not guess, but I received the same disk again! This time I put a piece of
    paper between the fracture and told them that this is indeed a fracture.
    Well, it was good while it lasted,
    Hubert.
    , Nov 20, 2006
  8. TH

    TH Guest

    wrote:
    > Unfortunately I have to also report that for "unknown"reasons their service
    > does not work for me as well as it was when I started. For the first 9
    > months it worked fine and then it started to get bad. Disks they note as
    > shipped do not arrive. Some that do, take an abnormally long time to get to
    > me: from Minneapolis to me in St.Paul (just across the river) has taken as
    > long as 6 days! Since the postal service has also gotten undependable, I was

    Yes, this is happening to me. And I live close to the distribution
    center. Generally I was getting the email saying the disk was being
    shipped, and I'd receive it the next day. But during this recent
    throttling period, I have had two disks totally just not show up, about
    seven or eight disks take four to six days to show up. This is days
    after the email stating they were being sent. You can blame the mail
    once or twice but not this many times. I finally got a "response" back
    from their "customer service," the usual stock response taken off a
    list of responses they are apparently told to send customers. It stated
    that "sometimes your top choices are not always available" which has
    nothing to do with the complaint I sent or what's going on with me.
    It's baffling to me that a service, who admits they throttle and has
    had legal issues because of it as well as tons of bad press, would
    CONTINUE TO DO IT!!! You'd think they'd rather have someone who has a
    fast turnover of disks rather than not have their business at all. I
    sincerely hope Netflix is out of business in a year. With the
    competition rising these days, and their refusal to stop throttling
    people, there's a good chance it could happen. I for one, will badmouth
    them every chance I get.
    TH, Nov 20, 2006
  9. TH

    Tarkus Guest

    On 20 Nov 2006 09:11:31 -0800, TH wrote:

    > I sincerely hope Netflix is out of business in a year. With the
    > competition rising these days, and their refusal to stop throttling
    > people, there's a good chance it could happen.

    I fail to see how less competition does anyone any good.

    And there's no chance it will happen anyway. The people bitching on here
    make up a very tiny minority. I've yet to hear anything but praise from
    people using Netflix in my personal life. Of course, none of these people
    are trying to rent 30 discs a month either.

    In short, Joe Sixpack doesn't know what throttling is, much less care
    about it.
    --
    If God dropped acid, would he see people? -- Steven Wright

    Now playing: "King's X - Over My Head"
    Tarkus, Nov 20, 2006
  10. TH

    TH Guest

    Tarkus wrote:
    > On 20 Nov 2006 09:11:31 -0800, TH wrote:
    >
    > > I sincerely hope Netflix is out of business in a year. With the
    > > competition rising these days, and their refusal to stop throttling
    > > people, there's a good chance it could happen.

    > I fail to see how less competition does anyone any good.

    Sure it does. When a crappy company that doesn't live up to its slogan
    goes out of business, everyone wins. If another company like this
    e3flix ends up being better than Netflix and doesn't throttle, everyone
    wins.

    > And there's no chance it will happen anyway. The people bitching on here
    > make up a very tiny minority. I've yet to hear anything but praise from
    > people using Netflix in my personal life. Of course, none of these people
    > are trying to rent 30 discs a month either.

    I'm not trying to rent 30 disks a month. Generally I'll turn it over a
    day or two after I receive it. It takes a day to get back and that day
    another one is sent out. That's how it was before the throttling
    started back up. It's very simple. If you trying to scam people, you
    don't deserve their business. You can cry that "oh you losers who wnat
    a lot of disks are idiots" all you want, but when it's all said and
    done, if a company tries to pull a fast one like Netflix is doing,
    whether it's with one or one million customers, they don't deserve to
    be in business.
    TH, Nov 20, 2006
  11. TH

    Tarkus Guest

    On 20 Nov 2006 10:46:26 -0800, TH wrote:

    > Tarkus wrote:
    >> On 20 Nov 2006 09:11:31 -0800, TH wrote:
    >>
    >>> I sincerely hope Netflix is out of business in a year. With the
    >>> competition rising these days, and their refusal to stop throttling
    >>> people, there's a good chance it could happen.

    >> I fail to see how less competition does anyone any good.

    > Sure it does. When a crappy company that doesn't live up to its slogan
    > goes out of business, everyone wins.

    They win more if they stay in business, causing others to fill a void.
    And if those others hurt their business, it then forces them to improve
    their way of doing things. More options is always better.
    --
    This isn't all true. -- Steven Wright

    Now playing: "King's X - Over My Head"
    Tarkus, Nov 21, 2006
  12. TH

    gunner Guest

    I tried to check out E3flix yesterday. They are not taking on customers as
    yet.
    Gunner

    gunner, Nov 21, 2006
  13. TH

    TH Guest

    gunner wrote:
    > I tried to check out E3flix yesterday. They are not taking on customers as
    > yet.

    That's weird, I've been seeing their ads popping up.
    TH, Nov 21, 2006
  14. TH

    Guest

    TH wrote:
    > gunner wrote:
    > > I tried to check out E3flix yesterday. They are not taking on customers as
    > > yet.

    > That's weird, I've been seeing their ads popping up.

    You know Netflix... Time to Rent From E3Flix and get Paid!
    Who is ready to rent movies & games and soon downloadable music?? How
    about renting movies and games and making $$$$$$$ doing it!

    Go to www.Movies.E3flix.com

    Whether you want to just rent, or rent and make extra income doing it,
    this is the place to do it. E3Flix is a new company for renting movies
    and games and downloading Music. You watch movies, so let them come to
    you just take 5 minutes to check out my site, and you will find all the
    info. For those who are looking into making extra income doing this
    like myself you can also get paid when someone rents from your own
    Entertainment Website!

    Go to: www.Movies.E3Flix.com

    and click on Become an Affiliate and you can get your very own
    Entertainment Distribution Website for FREE and get paid when people
    rent from you!

    E3flix is an Online Subscription Home Entertainment Company. Similar to
    netflix but is 3X's better. We offer DVD rentals, Video Game rentals,
    and music downloads. All for low monthly fees. And were Celebrity
    Endorsed!!

    Starting in December you will be able to Join as a Subscriber- DVD
    rentals start a low $8.99- unlimited monthly rentals, no due dates, no
    late fees, free delivery both ways. Be sure to check us out in
    December, 2006.

    Start Today: Become an Celebrity Endorsed affliate for FREE and earn
    $$$$ by promoting!
    , Nov 22, 2006
  15. TH

    gunner Guest

    I think the start of this thread is one of the "ADS". I just went to their
    site, clicked on subscribe and received the message "we are not shipping or
    taking credit cards yet". I also noted that they only have 3 distribution
    centers.

    Gunner

    gunner, Nov 22, 2006