anyone testing acronis true image ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Sep 5, 2007.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    - Bobb -, Sep 5, 2007

  2. - Bobb -

    Neil Green Guest

    news:p...

    I've only had cause to use it twice and it's worked
    flawlessly both times.

    Neil Green, Sep 5, 2007

  3. - Bobb -

    sno Guest

    Neil Green wrote:

    > I've only had cause to use it twice and it's worked
    > flawlessly both times.

    I use it for weekly backup...have to do a full restore about
    3/4 times a year (do a lot of weird software testing)...
    and occasional partial restores....

    Has always worked flawlessly for me, like that you can do a
    backup/restore with just a few clicks which is nice...

    hope helps...have fun....sno

    --
    No matter how dangerous nuclear power may or
    may not be.....

    This tag line is generated by:
    SLNG (Silly Little Nuclear Generator)

    sno, Sep 6, 2007
  4. - Bobb -

    dennis Guest

    I've used it alot at my customer sites for scheduled backups (and restores)
    works great.

    I had one occasion where a disk was failing intermittently... was able to
    grab an image (luckily for the customer) then put it on a new drive. Worked
    flawlessly. The only thing (and maybe something I did wrong) was the
    original drive was 80gb and new one was 160. When the image was put back
    down in the new drive it partitioned it to be 80gb (same as old drive size)
    I just went into diskmanager and created another 80gb drive on the second
    half. Not a big deal.

    Version 8 (about 39 bucks) allowed you to run backups across the local
    network. Now version 10 bout the same price as v8 only allows to backup
    the local system. To be able to go across the lan you gotta purchase their
    workstation flavor... bout 80 bucks. Still not a bad deal for what it can
    do for you.

    Dennis

    dennis, Sep 6, 2007
  5. - Bobb -