    tough - does this sound a reasonable approach?

    Thanks

    Paul
    Paul, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Paul

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:06:30 -0800, "Paul"
    <> wrote:

    >Just wondering how many of you have taken the 70-228
    >(Installing & Administration SQL 2000) and how does it
    >compare in difficulty to the other MCSE exams (taken 70-
    >210/215/216/218).
    >
    >I have skills in other DB's and RDBMS but have not really
    >touched SQL 2000 prior to starting my studying for 70-228.
    >
    >Looking to end up with MCSE + MCDBA. I have 3 more exams
    >to do towards my MCSE - My thoughts are to take the SQL
    >admin as an elective, then do the 70-217 and leave the
    >design exam for AD & SQL until last - I hear they can be
    >tough - does this sound a reasonable approach?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Paul

    70-228 is a tough one but not impossible - it can't be because I
    passed it ;-)

    Oracle exams on the other hand......

    I remember a fair few questions on user management, basic permissions
    and a few on DTS packages which really threw me at the time.

    More useful info here :

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-228.asp

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE
    Paul Lynch, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Paul

    Guest Guest

    I found it easier that the other MCSE exams (70-216/217)
    but I had some experience earlier with mySQL.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Paul

    Guest Guest

    What is the exam format, how long is the exam and how many
    questions?

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Paul

    Hugo Guest

    Hi !

    This is the only one I did not pass on first try..... For the MCSE track...
    With only few week experience on SQL Server..

    I pass it on second attempt !!!

    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/sql-2000-admin.asp for
    additionnal info

    Hugo