    fishfry Guest

    I've been reading their ads for years. Are their courses worthwhile in
    terms of becoming a better photographer?

    fishfry, Apr 4, 2006

  2. fishfry

    Pack Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:27:39 -0700, fishfry
    <> wrote:

    >I've been reading their ads for years. Are their courses worthwhile in
    >terms of becoming a better photographer?

    Either you got it or you don't. Take all the courses you like and they
    will teach you technique but they won't give you *the eye*.

    Pack, Apr 4, 2006

  3. fishfry

    Dave Guest

    Dear fishfry,

    Some of the best photography courses I took were classes sponsored by our
    local city Parks and Recreation department. The instructor was a pro from
    New York who came to our city twice a year for two months. Each time she
    came she offered new classes. I took all 8 of them.

    As you know, we all learn different ways. Some by reading about a subject,
    or listening to an instructor and/or doing it hands on.

    I see nothing wrong with doing an on-line course in photography. I'm sure
    you gain knowledge and confidence.

    Good luck.
    Dave

    Dave, Apr 5, 2006
  4. fishfry

    Bill Mutch Guest

    fishfry wrote:
    > I've been reading their ads for years. Are their courses worthwhile in
    > terms of becoming a better photographer?

    One of my best friends took their commercial course on GI bill benefit
    money after a 4 year hitch in the Air Force. They taught him technique,
    business practices, and provided a list of legit customers who had hired
    previous grads to do freelance. My buddy developed a specialty in
    veternary medications advertizing. He had to work his ass off, but he
    made HUGE piles of money. I think his time with NYI was well spent and
    I think uncle sam got a good bang for our servicemens benefit dollars.

    Bill Mutch, Apr 5, 2006