    the 12-24 and I have a 72-77mm filter step up ring so's I can use it on the
    24-85 as well. Heard good things about the Hoya ? R72 filter.

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    adm, Jun 4, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > I'm interested in your experiences if you have done - and if you could point
    > me at any sample images, I'd be greatful.
    >
    > I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with
    > an 85mm prime f1.8). I'm thinking of getting a 77mm IR filter as this fits
    > the 12-24 and I have a 72-77mm filter step up ring so's I can use it on the
    > 24-85 as well. Heard good things about the Hoya ? R72 filter.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any advice.

    I've seen some IR pics up on pbase. Go to the search and then browse
    the D70 galleries - you should be able to spot the IR pics fairly
    quickly.

    Brian C. Baird, Jun 4, 2004

  3. adm

    Shaun Lowe Guest

    http://www.pbase.com/nzphoto/infrared_d70

    Regards,

    Shaun Lowe

    http://www.pbase.com/shaun

    Shaun Lowe, Jun 4, 2004
  4. adm

    Ray Paseur Guest

    "adm" wrote...

    <snip>

    > I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with

    an 85mm prime f1.8).

    </snip>

    I have put up a web site (new on June 5 at 9:30am EDT) to track subjective
    opinions of the Nikkor lenses on the D70.

    http://non-aol.com/D70

    Please contribute your experiences to the data base. I'll keep it online as
    long as it seems relevant to those of us who are moving from film to
    digital.

    Ray Paseur

    Ray Paseur, Jun 5, 2004
  5. adm

    stewy Guest

    "adm" <> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in your experiences if you have done - and if you could

    point
    > me at any sample images, I'd be greatful.
    >
    > I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with
    > an 85mm prime f1.8). I'm thinking of getting a 77mm IR filter as this fits
    > the 12-24 and I have a 72-77mm filter step up ring so's I can use it on

    the
    > 24-85 as well. Heard good things about the Hoya ? R72 filter.

    I bought an R72 years ago but never really put it to good use until I got my
    first digital in '01.There is enough visible light for focussing and
    framing. Some digital are better than others - My Sony S70 produces reddish
    pix while the Fuji S7000 produces brighter orangish (if that's a word?) pix.
    After desaturating and adjusting levels the Fuji seemed to be better than
    the Sony.
    I don't know how the camera would cope with filters like the 89b which is
    virtually opaque to visible light- anybody know? - so go with the R72 at
    present. Trees photograph well in direct sunlight - both broadleaf and
    conifer. Try to find trees relatively distant from each other. Ivy across a
    wall works very well.

    stewy, Jun 6, 2004
  6. adm

    adm Guest

    "stewy" <> wrote in message

    > I bought an R72 years ago but never really put it to good use until I got

    my
    > first digital in '01.There is enough visible light for focussing and
    > framing. Some digital are better than others - My Sony S70 produces

    reddish
    > pix while the Fuji S7000 produces brighter orangish (if that's a word?)

    pix.
    > After desaturating and adjusting levels the Fuji seemed to be better than
    > the Sony.
    > I don't know how the camera would cope with filters like the 89b which is
    > virtually opaque to visible light- anybody know? - so go with the R72 at
    > present. Trees photograph well in direct sunlight - both broadleaf and
    > conifer. Try to find trees relatively distant from each other. Ivy across

    > wall works very well.

    Thanks,

    Now I'm just trying to find a decent priced 77mm R72. They're not cheap....

    adm, Jun 6, 2004
  7. adm

    stewy Guest

    Saw one at www.adorama.com for $37.35