    before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.

    I have Win98SE.

    Thank you! :eek:D
    S.Rodgers, Dec 13, 2005

  2. S.Rodgers

    Harvey Guest

    Re: Anyone resolved links opening blank page? or box opening in Outlook2000?

    S.Rodgers wrote:
    > I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
    > FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
    > see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
    >
    > When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
    > blank pages only.
    >
    > When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
    > same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
    >
    > I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
    > before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
    >
    > I have Win98SE.
    >
    > Thank you! :eek:D

    About two weeks ago, I installed FF 1.5 with WinXP and it has not given
    me any problem until today when I experienced the same blank page
    problem. If I go into safe mode or IE, however, I have no problems.
    Any suggestions?

    HG
    Harvey, Dec 13, 2005

  3. S.Rodgers

    gwtc Guest

    Harvey wrote:

    > S.Rodgers wrote:
    >
    >>I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
    >>FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
    >>see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
    >>
    >>When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
    >>blank pages only.
    >>
    >>When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
    >>same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
    >>
    >>I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
    >>before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
    >>
    >>I have Win98SE.
    >>
    >>Thank you! :eek:D
    >>

    > About two weeks ago, I installed FF 1.5 with WinXP and it has not given
    > me any problem until today when I experienced the same blank page
    > problem. If I go into safe mode or IE, however, I have no problems.
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > HG

    Since you've tried it in safe mode, and the problem disappears, then
    there are two answers. One, what theme are you using? and two, what
    extensions do you have?

    When you use safe mode that disables all extensions and themes.
    Therefore, its one of those. I would suspect an extension.
    Therefore, disable half of the extensions and try again. Does the
    problem continue? If so, then you know which half to enable and which
    to disable, and work your way down. If not, then the problem is one
    of those disabled extensions, and it should be easy to work your way
    until you find the problem.
    gwtc, Dec 13, 2005
  4. S.Rodgers

    gwtc wrote:
    > Harvey wrote:
    >
    >> S.Rodgers wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
    >>> FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
    >>> see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
    >>>
    >>> When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
    >>> blank pages only.
    >>>
    >>> When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
    >>> same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
    >>>
    >>> I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
    >>> before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
    >>>
    >>> I have Win98SE.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you! :eek:D
    >>>

    >> About two weeks ago, I installed FF 1.5 with WinXP and it has not
    >> given me any problem until today when I experienced the same blank
    >> page problem. If I go into safe mode or IE, however, I have no
    >> problems. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> HG

    > Since you've tried it in safe mode, and the problem disappears, then
    > there are two answers. One, what theme are you using? and two, what
    > extensions do you have?
    >
    > When you use safe mode that disables all extensions and themes.
    > Therefore, its one of those. I would suspect an extension. Therefore,
    > disable half of the extensions and try again. Does the problem
    > continue? If so, then you know which half to enable and which to
    > disable, and work your way down. If not, then the problem is one of
    > those disabled extensions, and it should be easy to work your way until
    > you find the problem.

    I disabled the two extensions--one at a time. After this did not
    resolve the problem, I viewed the themes which contained only FF
    (default) which could not be deleted. Could it be a registry issue?

    Thanks for your interest,

    HG
    Harvey, Dec 13, 2005
  5. S.Rodgers

    gwtc Guest

    Harvey wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Harvey wrote:

    >>>About two weeks ago, I installed FF 1.5 with WinXP and it has not
    >>>given me any problem until today when I experienced the same blank
    >>>page problem. If I go into safe mode or IE, however, I have no
    >>>problems. Any suggestions?
    >>>
    >>>HG

    >>Since you've tried it in safe mode, and the problem disappears, then
    >>there are two answers. One, what theme are you using? and two, what
    >>extensions do you have?
    >>
    >>When you use safe mode that disables all extensions and themes.
    >>Therefore, its one of those. I would suspect an extension. Therefore,
    >>disable half of the extensions and try again. Does the problem
    >>continue? If so, then you know which half to enable and which to
    >>disable, and work your way down. If not, then the problem is one of
    >>those disabled extensions, and it should be easy to work your way until
    >>you find the problem.

    > I disabled the two extensions--one at a time. After this did not
    > resolve the problem, I viewed the themes which contained only FF
    > (default) which could not be deleted. Could it be a registry issue?
    >
    > Thanks for your interest,
    >
    > HG

    Since its not a theme problem or an extension problem, then it could
    be something in your profile. Your profile is the place where all
    your FF settings, prefs, bookmarks, passwords, etc are kept. One last
    thing ot try is to create a test profile. Close FF, click on Start,
    Run and enter exactly:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will bring up the profile manager. From there you can create a
    test profile. Does the problem continue with the new profile? If
    not, then the problem IS your old profile and you can transfer
    everything over. If it does then the problem is something else at
    your end.
    gwtc, Dec 13, 2005
  6. Re: Anyone resolved links opening blank page? or box opening in Outlook2000?

    Harvey wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Harvey wrote:

    >>> About two weeks ago, I installed FF 1.5 with WinXP and it has not
    >>> given me any problem until today when I experienced the same blank
    >>> page problem. If I go into safe mode or IE, however, I have no
    >>> problems. Any suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> HG

    >> Since you've tried it in safe mode, and the problem disappears, then
    >> there are two answers. One, what theme are you using? and two, what
    >> extensions do you have?
    >>
    >> When you use safe mode that disables all extensions and themes.
    >> Therefore, its one of those. I would suspect an extension. Therefore,
    >> disable half of the extensions and try again. Does the problem
    >> continue? If so, then you know which half to enable and which to
    >> disable, and work your way down. If not, then the problem is one of
    >> those disabled extensions, and it should be easy to work your way
    >> until you find the problem.

    > I disabled the two extensions--one at a time. After this did not
    > resolve the problem, I viewed the themes which contained only FF
    > (default) which could not be deleted. Could it be a registry issue?
    >
    > Thanks for your interest,
    >
    > HG

    Hm. It works in Safe Mode, but not in normal mode with extensions
    disabled? Odd, the point of Safe Mode is disabling extensions.
    What re the extensions you have installed?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2005
  7. S.Rodgers

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Harvey wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Since you've tried it in safe mode, and the problem disappears, then
    >>> there are two answers. One, what theme are you using? and two, what
    >>> extensions do you have?
    >>>
    >>> When you use safe mode that disables all extensions and themes.
    >>> Therefore, its one of those. I would suspect an extension.
    >>> Therefore, disable half of the extensions and try again. Does the
    >>> problem continue? If so, then you know which half to enable and
    >>> which to disable, and work your way down. If not, then the problem
    >>> is one of those disabled extensions, and it should be easy to work
    >>> your way until you find the problem.

    >> I disabled the two extensions--one at a time. After this did not
    >> resolve the problem, I viewed the themes which contained only FF
    >> (default) which could not be deleted. Could it be a registry issue?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your interest,
    >>
    >> HG

    > Hm. It works in Safe Mode, but not in normal mode with extensions
    > disabled? Odd, the point of Safe Mode is disabling extensions.
    > What re the extensions you have installed?
    >
    > Lee

    Now I have none installed. One was a Google ext--the other I have
    deleted and do not recall. But I still have no problem opening FF in
    safe mode. BTW, I had been using FF 1.0 (ver?) for last year until I
    recently upgraded to v 1.5.

    BUT, I only get a "blank" page on the FF body. The Mozilla site
    heading and taskbar are correct.

    Thanks for your interest.

    Harvey
    Harvey, Dec 13, 2005
  8. Re: Anyone resolved links opening blank page? or box opening in Outlook2000?

    Harvey wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Harvey wrote:

    >>> I disabled the two extensions--one at a time. After this did not
    >>> resolve the problem, I viewed the themes which contained only FF
    >>> (default) which could not be deleted. Could it be a registry issue?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your interest,
    >>>
    >>> HG

    >> Hm. It works in Safe Mode, but not in normal mode with extensions
    >> disabled? Odd, the point of Safe Mode is disabling extensions.
    >> What re the extensions you have installed?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Now I have none installed. One was a Google ext--the other I have
    > deleted and do not recall. But I still have no problem opening FF in
    > safe mode. BTW, I had been using FF 1.0 (ver?) for last year until I
    > recently upgraded to v 1.5.
    >
    > BUT, I only get a "blank" page on the FF body. The Mozilla site
    > heading and taskbar are correct.
    >
    > Thanks for your interest.
    >
    > Harvey

    Follow gwtc's directions for creating a new profile, and test in the new
    profile.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2005
  9. S.Rodgers

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Harvey wrote:

    >>> Hm. It works in Safe Mode, but not in normal mode with extensions
    >>> disabled? Odd, the point of Safe Mode is disabling extensions.
    >>> What re the extensions you have installed?
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Now I have none installed. One was a Google ext--the other I have
    >> deleted and do not recall. But I still have no problem opening FF in
    >> safe mode. BTW, I had been using FF 1.0 (ver?) for last year until I
    >> recently upgraded to v 1.5.
    >>
    >> BUT, I only get a "blank" page on the FF body. The Mozilla site
    >> heading and taskbar are correct.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your interest.
    >>
    >> Harvey
    >>

    > Follow gwtc's directions for creating a new profile, and test in the new
    > profile.
    >
    > Lee

    I followed gwtc's directions and created a new profile (the original was
    the "default" profile)and the same problem existed. Do I reluctantly
    have to continue using IE?

    Thanks to all for their suggestions.

    Harvey
    Harvey, Dec 13, 2005
  10. S.Rodgers

    Harvey wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Harvey wrote:

    >>> Now I have none installed. One was a Google ext--the other I have
    >>> deleted and do not recall. But I still have no problem opening FF in
    >>> safe mode. BTW, I had been using FF 1.0 (ver?) for last year until I
    >>> recently upgraded to v 1.5.
    >>>
    >>> BUT, I only get a "blank" page on the FF body. The Mozilla site
    >>> heading and taskbar are correct.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your interest.
    >>>
    >>> Harvey
    >>>

    >> Follow gwtc's directions for creating a new profile, and test in the
    >> new profile.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > I followed gwtc's directions and created a new profile (the original was
    > the "default" profile)and the same problem existed. Do I reluctantly
    > have to continue using IE?
    >
    > Thanks to all for their suggestions.
    >
    > Harvey

    I now suspect it is a firewall issue--probably set by my ISP. And I
    can no longer access FF in the safe mode.

    Harvey
    Harvey, Dec 14, 2005
  11. Re: Anyone resolved links opening blank page? or box opening in Outlook2000?

    Harvey wrote:
    > Harvey wrote:

    >>> Follow gwtc's directions for creating a new profile, and test in the
    >>> new profile.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> I followed gwtc's directions and created a new profile (the original was
    >> the "default" profile)and the same problem existed. Do I reluctantly
    >> have to continue using IE?
    >>
    >> Thanks to all for their suggestions.
    >>
    >> Harvey

    > I now suspect it is a firewall issue--probably set by my ISP. And I
    > can no longer access FF in the safe mode.
    >
    > Harvey

    How does you ISP have control over your firewall settings? What firewall
    are you running?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 15, 2005
  12. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers Guest

    On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:20:59 -0500, S.Rodgers
    <> wrote:

    >I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
    >FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
    >see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
    >
    >When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
    >blank pages only.
    >
    >When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
    >same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
    >
    >I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
    >before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
    >
    >I have Win98SE.

    Is there any solution to this problem as it's carried over into v1.5?

    Tx.
    S.Rodgers, Dec 15, 2005
  13. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers, Dec 16, 2005
  14. S.Rodgers

    Doug G Guest

    S.Rodgers wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:20:59 -0500, S.Rodgers
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
    >>FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
    >>see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
    >>
    >>When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
    >>blank pages only.
    >>
    >>When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
    >>same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
    >>
    >>I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
    >>before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
    >>
    >>I have Win98SE.

    > Is there any solution to this problem as it's carried over into v1.5?
    >
    > Tx.

    Does your "Application used to perform action:" box for opening HTM and
    HTML files look something like the following?

    C:\...\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE -url "%1"
    Doug G, Dec 16, 2005