    was available on DVD but I can't find it anywhere so I suppose it isn't.
    :-( Does this sound familiar to anyone?

    Sarah B.

    Sarah Bartholomew, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Sarah Bartholomew

    Seth Schorr Guest

    "Sarah Bartholomew" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > Does anyone remember a documentary about Hollywood that was made in the
    > '70s and called "The Dream Factory"? I saw it when I was a kid and
    > remember only that I really liked it, and it opened with the Cotton
    > Blossom riverboat from "Show Boat", first the way it appeared in the
    > film, with people singing and dancing all over it, then tied up and
    > abandoned at some pier genteelly rotting away, a forgotten relic of
    > Hollywood's past. I thought that it would be neat if that documentary
    > was available on DVD but I can't find it anywhere so I suppose it isn't.
    > :-( Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    >
    > Sarah B.

    I believe it was narrated by Dick Cavett. I think I saw it within the last
    few years on American Movie Classics or Turner Classic Movies.

    Seth Schorr, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Sarah Bartholomew

    Heinrich Guest

    In article <xrFkb.6201$>, Seth
    Schorr <> wrote:

    > "Sarah Bartholomew" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi everybody,
    > >
    > > Does anyone remember a documentary about Hollywood that was made in the
    > > '70s and called "The Dream Factory"? I saw it when I was a kid and
    > > remember only that I really liked it, and it opened with the Cotton
    > > Blossom riverboat from "Show Boat", first the way it appeared in the
    > > film, with people singing and dancing all over it, then tied up and
    > > abandoned at some pier genteelly rotting away, a forgotten relic of
    > > Hollywood's past. I thought that it would be neat if that documentary
    > > was available on DVD but I can't find it anywhere so I suppose it isn't.
    > > :-( Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    > >
    > > Sarah B.
    > >

    > I believe it was narrated by Dick Cavett. I think I saw it within the last
    > few years on American Movie Classics or Turner Classic Movies.

    Yes it was narrated by Dick Cavett, and was just on American Movie
    Classics last week one night. Quite good, I thought!

    Heinrich, Oct 22, 2003