Anyone recommend Image Software for Web Sites?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mitchell, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. Mitchell

    Mitchell Guest

    Just got a new digital camera and Im looking for some very simple photo
    management software for my web site, so I can upload my own images and
    share them with family out-of-state using the Web. Ive used desktop
    applications but my photos get stuck at home, and I hate using desktop
    software to manage images! No one can see them but me!

    I have thousands of images on my PC at home. How can I get them up on
    the Web for people to view? I have a web site and want to use that, but
    need some software to help me display them using web pages.

    I dont like Pikasa or Flickr as they either use more desktop software,
    or jam my images in with everyone elses on public web site. Its a pain
    to manage them using these apps, and I dont like the web page designs.
    Also dont like those photo sharing web sites as Im bombarded with ads
    to print photos on t-shirts and mugs and stuff. I just want to share
    images on my web site for my family to see on a plain white web
    page.....why is that so hard to find?

    Also, I dont like the web apps Ive seen that do this....very
    complicated to setup and install....hate having to set up and install
    complicated relational databases to store the images, like MySQL or SQL
    Server, and dont like having to configure web servers and stuff to add
    a simple web application. PHP and ASP.NET sites make it so complicated
    I have to be a web developer! Ugghhh!

    Anyway, something simple would be great. Ive actually found something
    COOL tonight Im testing online that does some of this. Im testing this
    web product on my web site. Its called ImageIsland. Its by a company
    called White Pacific Software (www.whitepacificsoftware.com). No
    database install, easy to install, very small web app (less than 1
    megabyte), and was able to drag up to my web site server and worked
    immediately. Can upload images quickly and share them with friends
    using the Web, so it seems to work ok. And its cheap ($20!). Even has a
    free version (ImageIsle), but that doesnt have have the features the
    full version has.

    Anyone used ImageIsland before for managing images using your web site?
    Like I said, I dont need Flickr or Yahoo or Pikasa or Shutterfly. This
    ImageIsland works in my web site, which I like. Any other cool web site
    products like ImageIsland anyone recommend? thanks

    Mitchell
    Mitchell, Oct 26, 2006

  2. Mitchell

    kukuc Guest

    Mitchell wrote:
    > Just got a new digital camera and Im looking for some very simple photo
    > management software for my web site, so I can upload my own images and
    > share them with family out-of-state using the Web. Ive used desktop
    > applications but my photos get stuck at home, and I hate using desktop
    > software to manage images! No one can see them but me!
    >
    > I have thousands of images on my PC at home. How can I get them up on
    > the Web for people to view? I have a web site and want to use that, but
    > need some software to help me display them using web pages.
    >
    > I dont like Pikasa or Flickr as they either use more desktop software,
    > or jam my images in with everyone elses on public web site. Its a pain
    > to manage them using these apps, and I dont like the web page designs.
    > Also dont like those photo sharing web sites as Im bombarded with ads
    > to print photos on t-shirts and mugs and stuff. I just want to share
    > images on my web site for my family to see on a plain white web
    > page.....why is that so hard to find?
    >
    > Also, I dont like the web apps Ive seen that do this....very
    > complicated to setup and install....hate having to set up and install
    > complicated relational databases to store the images, like MySQL or SQL
    > Server, and dont like having to configure web servers and stuff to add
    > a simple web application. PHP and ASP.NET sites make it so complicated
    > I have to be a web developer! Ugghhh!
    >
    > Anyway, something simple would be great. Ive actually found something
    > COOL tonight Im testing online that does some of this. Im testing this
    > web product on my web site. Its called ImageIsland. Its by a company
    > called White Pacific Software (www.whitepacificsoftware.com). No
    > database install, easy to install, very small web app (less than 1
    > megabyte), and was able to drag up to my web site server and worked
    > immediately. Can upload images quickly and share them with friends
    > using the Web, so it seems to work ok. And its cheap ($20!). Even has a
    > free version (ImageIsle), but that doesnt have have the features the
    > full version has.
    >
    > Anyone used ImageIsland before for managing images using your web site?
    > Like I said, I dont need Flickr or Yahoo or Pikasa or Shutterfly. This
    > ImageIsland works in my web site, which I like. Any other cool web site
    > products like ImageIsland anyone recommend? thanks
    >
    > Mitchell

    Here are some good Photo Editor software, just find what you need.
    kukuc, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Mitchell

    kukuc Guest

  4. On 25 Oct 2006 21:57:32 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Mitchell"

    http://www.jalbum.net
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Oct 28, 2006