    In fact, they come to believe the witness causes the trouble.
    ___John Steinbeck

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Apr 11, 2007

  2. ellis_jay

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

    That's not a valid MS knowledge base number. Are you sure you copied it
    correctly?

    WhzzKdd, Apr 11, 2007

  3. ellis_jay

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    >>> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe
    >>>

    >> That's not a valid MS knowledge base number. Are you sure you copied
    >> it correctly?

    > Nothing from Google, either, my man. I copied correctly. AVG quarantined
    > it to the vault and whatever it was I have dealt with it.

    Yeah - I'd have to agree with AVG - crapware of some sort.

    > Do you see my
    > post about Zone Alarm update and AVG problem? Trojans of some sort-and
    > now
    > gone. One trojan may be a false positive and one may not be false. Info
    > copied form the vault below:

    I get so tired of all this junk. It really pisses me off that people write
    this kind of crap software. Why can't they get a job, pay their taxes,
    contribute to the general good of society?

    WhzzKdd, Apr 11, 2007
  4. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    >> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe
    >>

    > That's not a valid MS knowledge base number. Are you sure you copied
    > it correctly?

    Nothing from Google, either, my man. I copied correctly. AVG quarantined
    it to the vault and whatever it was I have dealt with it. Do you see my
    post about Zone Alarm update and AVG problem? Trojans of some sort-and now
    gone. One trojan may be a false positive and one may not be false. Info
    copied form the vault below:

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    C:\Documents and settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content/IE5\ZDXZME2H\cnte-oiduuyes[1].gif

    %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\HGQHP.EXE

    I believe one trojan may have originated from:

    85.255.112.0/20 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List (SBL)

    05-Mar-2007 10:42 GMT | SR04

    inhoster.com / "Fast web hosting" / esthost.com

    One /24 via Pilosoft, the rest via Email at Atrivo/InterCage.

    Found a block at NAC.net and 2 at The Planet.

    ______________

    inetnum: 85.255.112.0 - 85.255.127.255
    netname: inhoster
    descr: Inhoster hosting company
    descr: OOO Inhoster, Poltavskij Shliax 24, Kharkiv, 61000, Ukraine

    Possibly from a contact in myspace domain. As for the other being a false
    positive for Zone Alarm, I will wait and see. Nothing showed up or appeared
    in Grisoft virus vault overnight. Weird.

    --

    When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Apr 11, 2007
  5. ellis_jay

    Tester Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:54:21 -0500, "ellis_jay"
    <> wrote:

    > MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

    If you're suspicious, try

    http://virusscan.jotti.org/

    That submits a file to 16 different viruss scanners. There are other
    similar pages.

    Tester, Apr 11, 2007
  6. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Tester wrote:
    > On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:54:21 -0500, "ellis_jay"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

    > If you're suspicious, try
    >
    > http://virusscan.jotti.org/
    >
    > That submits a file to 16 different viruss scanners. There are other
    > similar pages.

    I have used jotti in the past. I have removed the thing-for now. It was in
    the quarantine vault and I really do not know how to submit to jotti
    anything from that location. I did scan with Kaspersky on line (full scan)
    and ASquared last night and both came back clean. Although I do not think
    either scanner could scan that vault-empty as it is-anyway.
    But thanx.

    (AVG'S last scan was clean and vault empty)

    ellis_jay, Apr 11, 2007